Western Kentucky 78
(13-13, 3-8 away)
Florida Atlantic 84
(12-15, 9-4 home)
Venue: FAU Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 14, 2013
||G Fant 25
||G Fant 11
||J Crook 3
||G Gantt 31
||P Bertone 6
||P Bertone 7
On Thursday, Feb. 14, Western Kentucky took on Florida Atlantic and lost at home against the Owls 84-78 in conference play. The Hilltoppers are now 0-2 against Florida Atlantic this season. George Fant picked up a double-double in the Hilltoppers loss including a career-high 25 points and 11 rebounds. Kevin Kaspar had 12 points and added two rebounds. Greg Gantt finished with a game-high 31 points for the Owls, making 5 of 10 from three-point range. The next game will be on Saturday, Feb. 16 when Western Kentucky (11-10, 5-6 Sun Belt) heads to Florida International (13-11, 8-7 Sun Belt).
Western Kentucky Game Notes
- The last time WKU started the season 13-13 was 2010.
- The Hilltoppers have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-10) after having a field goal percentage of 39.7 percent or worse.
- Western Kentucky has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-8) after recording eight or fewer assists.
- When the opposition commits 19 or fewer turnovers this season, Western Kentucky has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, Western Kentucky has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records nine or more three-pointers this season, Western Kentucky has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- T.J. Price recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 22.
- George Fant accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's points.
- George Fant accounted for 34.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- George Fant has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding 8 times in 26 games this season.
- This was the third foul out of the season for T.J. Price.
- This marks the third 20-point game of George Fant's career.
- George Fant recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and fifth of his career.
- George Fant had career highs with 25 points, nine field goals made, and seven offensive rebounds.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Jamal Crook.
Florida Atlantic Game Notes
- Greg Gantt accounted for 36.9 percent of the team's points.
- Greg Gantt has led the team in scoring 23 times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Stefan Moody's career.
- This marks the 40th 20-point game of Greg Gantt's career.
- Greg Gantt has 24 straight double-digit point games.
- Pablo Bertone set a career high with seven assists.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Kelvin Penn.