On Thursday, Feb. 14, Montana lost in a blowout to Weber State 87-63 in conference play. The game was pretty much decided at halftime, with Weber State up 44-24. With the loss, the Grizzlies tie the season series against Weber State at 1-1. The Grizzlies were paced by Will Cherry, who put up 18 points and three rebounds. Mathias Ward had 18 points and added three rebounds. For the Wildcats, Frank Otis finished with 14 points and five assists. The next game will be on Saturday, Feb. 16 when Montana (18-5, 14-1 Big Sky) travels to Idaho State (4-19, 3-11 Big Sky).
Montana Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:04 left to go.
- The last time UM started the season 18-5 was 2005.
- The top two scorers (Mathias Ward and Will Cherry) accounted for 57.1 percent of the points.
- Mathias Ward has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 23 games this season.
- Will Cherry has six straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Kareem Jamar.
Weber State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Kyle Tresnak and Davion Berry) accounted for 40.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Scott Bamforth and Kyle Tresnak) accounted for 41.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Kyle Tresnak has led the team in scoring seven times in 23 games this season.
- Davion Berry has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Frank Otis set a career high with five assists.
- Gelaun Wheelwright set career highs with four three-pointers and a 100 percent three-point percentage.