FL Internationial 61
(13-12, 5-9 away)
(11-15, 9-5 home)
Venue: Trojan Arena
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, February 14, 2013
||C Bell 12
||C Bell 5
||T Murphy 5
||H Williams 20
||E Jones 9
||A Myers 6
On Thursday, Feb. 14, Florida International lost at home against Troy 69-61 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Tymell Murphy put up 10 points and five assists in the Golden Panthers loss. Cameron Bell had 12 points and added five rebounds. For the Trojans, Emil Jones finished with 17 points and nine rebounds. Florida International (13-12, 8-8 Sun Belt) takes on Western Kentucky (13-12, 7-7 Sun Belt) on Saturday, Feb. 16 on their home court.
Florida International Game Notes
- Florida International started 13-12 during the 1999 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Florida International has lost 79 percent of the time this season (3-11) after recording 24 or fewer field goals made.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 49.0 percent or better this season, Florida International has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- FIU set season lows for free throws made (five) and steals (two).
- The Golden Panthers have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past five games.
- Florida International has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past six games.
- Tymell Murphy has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Tymell Murphy.
Troy Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Hunter Williams and Emil Jones) accounted for 53.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Emil Jones and Deonata Jethroe) accounted for 40.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Hunter Williams has led the team in scoring six times in 26 games this season.
- Emil Jones has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Hunter Williams's career.
- Emil Jones has three straight double-digit point games.
|C+||M. Porcher Jimenez||18||3||4||1||0||0||0|