CS Bakersfield 73
(10-16, 3-12 away)
Texas-Pan American 79
(13-13, 10-1 home)
Venue: UTPA Fieldhouse
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 14, 2013
||S Carter 22
||T White 8
||S Carter 5
||J Leathers 16
||R Cabrera 5
||J Delgado 2
On Thursday, Feb. 14, Texas-Pan American knocked off Cal State Bakersfield 79-73 in overtime. Justin Leathers guided the Broncs and put up a team-high 16 points and three rebounds. Jesus Delgado had 13 points and added two rebounds. For the Roadrunners, Stephon Carter finished with a game-high 22 points and five assists (6 Stl 4 Reb). Next up for Texas-Pan American (13-13, 3-2 Great West) is Houston Baptist (8-14, 1-3 Great West) on Saturday, Feb. 16 on their home court.
Texas-Pan American Game Notes
- Texas-Pan American started 13-13 during the 2006 and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- Texas-Pan American has played in four overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Broncs have played in nine overtime games with a record of 3-6.
- The Broncs have won six close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Texas-Pan American is 18-28 in close games.
- Texas-Pan American has won every game this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 54.2 percent or better.
- The Broncs have won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after recording 79 or more total points.
- UTPA has won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) when opponents record 33 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Texas-Pan American has won 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Jesus Delgado has four free throws made or more.
- The Broncs set a season high for free throws made (24).
- UTPA set season lows for blocks (zero) and three-pointers (three).
- Texas-Pan American has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past nine games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--UTPA has a 10.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Justin Leathers has led the team in scoring in three out of 26 games this season.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Justin Leathers.
- Jesus Delgado has six straight double-digit point games.
Cal State Bakersfield Game Notes
- The Roadrunners have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Cal State Bakersfield is 27-27 in close games.
- Stephon Carter recorded a team season high in steals with six.
- Stephon Carter accounted for 30.1 percent of the team's points.
- Stephon Carter has led the team in scoring 14 times in 26 games this season.
- Tyrone White has led the team in rebounding four times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Stephon Carter's career.
- Stephon Carter has five straight double-digit point games.
- Stephon Carter set a career high with six steals.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Javonte Maynor.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Adam Young.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Corey Hall.