(16-10, 6-8 away)
Loyola (MD) 68
(18-9, 12-3 home)
Venue: Reitz Arena
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, February 14, 2013
||J Heath 15
||C Manhertz 10
||B Baron 3
||R Olson 18
||J Brooks 6
||A Winbush 4
On Thursday, Feb. 14, Loyola (MD) took on Canisius and defeated the Golden Griffins 68-64 in MAAC action. The Greyhounds tie the season series against Canisius at 1-1 with the win. Robert Olson played brilliantly for the Greyhounds and got a game-high 18 points and four rebounds. Dylon Cormier also had a solid game, scoring 17 points and adding three rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). Jordan Heath got a team-high 15 points and nine rebounds for the Golden Griffins. The next game will be on Saturday, Feb. 16 when Loyola (MD) (18-9, 10-5 MAAC) travels to Siena (6-20, 4-11 MAAC).
Loyola (MD) Game Notes
- The Greyhounds have won six close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Loyola (MD) is 30-27 in close games.
- Loyola (MD) has won every game this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0 percent or better.
- The Greyhounds have won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) after recording six or more three-pointers.
- LMDU has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record 28 or fewer rebounds.
- LMDU has won 94 percent of the time this season (15-1) after holding an opponent to under 43.8 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Loyola (MD) has won 73 percent of the time (11-4) when Dylon Cormier has 17 points or more, 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Anthony Winbush plays 36 minutes or more, and 79 percent of the time (15-4) when Erik Etherly has four field goals made or more.
- LMDU set a season low for blocks (one).
- The Greyhounds have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past seven games.
- Loyola (MD) has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--LMDU has a 8.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Robert Olson and Dylon Cormier) accounted for 51.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Julius Brooks and Anthony Winbush) accounted for 40.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Robert Olson has led the team in scoring in six out of 27 games this season.
- Julius Brooks has led the team in rebounding in five out of 27 games this season.
- Robert Olson has six straight double-digit point games.
- Julius Brooks had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Canisius Game Notes
- The Golden Griffins have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Canisius is 21-25 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Jordan Heath and Chris Manhertz) accounted for 45.3 percent of the points.
- Chris Manhertz accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jordan Heath has led the team in scoring three times in 26 games this season.
- Chris Manhertz has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 26 games this season.
- Billy Baron has five straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Manhertz recorded the 20th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Chris Manhertz recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and eighth of his career.