(18-7, 7-5 away)
(18-8, 9-5 home)
Venue: TD Arena
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, February 14, 2013
||J Cohen 32
||T Droney 6
||J Kuhlman 5
||A Lawrence 10
||A Baru 8
||A Stitt 3
Davidson scored 30 points from behind the arc and easily beat College of Charleston 75-59 in SoCon action on Thursday, Feb. 14. This one was close at the half, with Davidson leading 32-30. They pulled away in the second half and won by a big margin. With a record of 2-0, the Wildcats remain undefeated against College of Charleston this season. The Wildcats were led by Jake Cohen, who put up a career-high 32 points and three rebounds. Nik Cochran had 14 points and added five assists. Nori Johnson finished with seven points and six rebounds for the Cougars. Davidson (18-7, 13-1 SoCon) gets Citadel (6-17, 3-10 SoCon) on the road on Saturday, Feb. 16.
Davidson Game Notes
- The last time Davidson started the season 18-7 was 2004.
- The win over College of Charleston extended the Davidson winning streak to nine games.
- Davidson beat the spread by 13 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- Davidson has won every game this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0 percent or better.
- The Wildcats have won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) after recording 75 or more total points.
- Davidson has won every game this season (10-0) when opponents record 59 or fewer total points.
- Davidson has won every game this season (10-0) after holding an opponent to under 40.3 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Davidson has won 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Nik Cochran has 14 points or more, 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Jake Cohen plays 31 minutes or more, and 86 percent of the time (6-1) when J.P. Kuhlman has four field goals made or more.
- The Wildcats have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past nine games.
- Jake Cohen recorded a team season high in field goals made with 13 and field goals attempted with 24.
- Jake Cohen accounted for 42.6 percent of the team's points.
- Jake Cohen has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 25 games this season.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Jake Cohen's career.
- Jake Cohen has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Jake Cohen had career highs with 32 points and 13 field goals made.
- This was the second foul out of the season for De`Mon Brooks.
College of Charleston Game Notes
- Andrew Lawrence has led the team in scoring 10 times in 26 games this season.
- Adjehi Baru has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 26 games this season.
- Andrew Lawrence has five straight double-digit point games.