South Carolina 46
(12-12, 9-7 home)
Venue: Colonial Life Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 14, 2013
||J O`Bryant III 30
||J O`Bryant III 10
||C Carmouche 8
||L Jackson 10
||M Carrera 8
||L Jackson 3
LSU held South Carolina to only 28.1 percent from the floor and smoked the Gamecocks 64-46 in conference play on Thursday, Feb. 14. LSU enjoyed a small 26-24 lead at halftime, but turned it on in the second half to blow South Carolina out. With the win, the Tigers tie the season series against South Carolina at 1-1. Johnny O`Bryant III earned a double-double for the Tigers with a career-high 30 points and 10 rebounds. Charles Carmouche had five points and added nine rebounds. For the Gamecocks, Lakeem Jackson got a team-high 10 points and seven rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). Next up for LSU (14-8, 5-6 SEC) is Mississippi State (7-16, 2-9 SEC) on Saturday, Feb. 16 on their home court.
LSU Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:05 left to go.
- LSU started 14-8 during the 2004 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- LSU beat the spread by 19 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- LSU has won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) when its field goal percentage has been 44.1 percent or better.
- The Tigers have won 75 percent of the time this season (9-3) after recording 26 or more field goals made.
- LSU has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 18 or fewer field goals made.
- This season LSU has won 73 percent of the time (8-3) when Johnny O`Bryant III has 10 rebounds or more and 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Anthony Hickey has five assists or more.
- LSU set a season low for three-pointers (three).
- The Tigers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past six games.
- LSU has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past seven games.
- Johnny O`Bryant III recorded a team season high in points with 30 and field goals made with 13.
- Johnny O`Bryant III accounted for 46.8 percent of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (22) than the starters (21).
- Johnny O`Bryant III has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding 11 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Johnny O`Bryant III's career.
- Johnny O`Bryant III has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Johnny O`Bryant III recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 12th of his career.
- Johnny O`Bryant III had career highs with 30 points and 13 field goals made.
South Carolina Game Notes
- This loss extended the Gamecocks losing streak to five games.
- The top two scorers (Lakeem Jackson and Bruce Ellington) accounted for 41.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Michael Carrera and Lakeem Jackson) accounted for 44.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Lakeem Jackson has led the team in scoring four times in 24 games this season.
- Michael Carrera has led the team in rebounding nine times in 24 games this season.
|A+||J. O`Bryant III||34||30||10||1||0||1||4|
|A||A. Del Piero||18||6||7||0||0||1||0|