George Mason 68
(15-10, 8-6 away)
(10-15, 3-9 home)
Venue: Daskalakis Athletic Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 14, 2013
||V Vaughns 14
||E Copes 8
||B Allen 4
||D Thomas 16
||D McCoy 12
||F Massenat 4
Drexel faced off with George Mason on Thursday, Feb. 14 and was beaten at home by the Patriots 68-62 in conference play. The Dragons even the season series against George Mason at 1-1 with the loss. Derrick Thomas put up 16 points and five rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast) in a losing effort. Frantz Massenat had 13 points. For the Patriots, Erik Copes got 12 points and eight rebounds. The next game will be on Monday, Feb. 18 when Drexel (10-15, 6-7 CAA) welcomes Hofstra (6-19, 3-9 CAA).
Drexel Game Notes
- The last time Drexel started the season 10-15 was 2007.
- The Dragons have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-8) after having a field goal percentage of 37.5 percent or worse.
- Drexel has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording 28 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 68 or more total points this season, Drexel has lost 100 percent of the time (0-9).
- When the opposition records 37 or more rebounds this season, Drexel has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.8 percent or better this season, Drexel has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- This is the fifth loss of the season where the Dragons opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Drexel has a -1.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Damion Lee and Derrick Thomas) accounted for 51.6 percent of the points.
- Daryl McCoy accounted for 42.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Damion Lee has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 25 games this season.
- Daryl McCoy has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 25 games this season.
- Frantz Massenat has four straight double-digit point games.
- Derrick Thomas has five straight double-digit point games.
- Derrick Thomas had a career high with four steals.
- Daryl McCoy recorded the 22nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
George Mason Game Notes
- Erik Copes has led the team in rebounding five times in 25 games this season.
- Erik Copes has three straight double-digit point games.