|Gonzaga||K Olynyk 17.7||E Harris 7.2||K Pangos 3.5|
|Saint Mary's||M Dellavedova 15.9||M Young 5.7||M Dellavedova 6.6|
No. 5 Gonzaga visits McKeon Pavilion on Thursday to take on Saint Mary's. Tipoff is at 11 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN 2. The Bulldogs beat the Gaels 83-78 on Jan. 10 and are 9-4 against them over the last four years.
Gonzaga is in first place in the West Coast and needs to hold off Saint Mary's who sit just south in second place.
In a 74-55 dismantling of Loyola Marymount on Feb. 9, Kevin Pangos put up 20 points and 6 rebounds for the Bulldogs. In addition to a team-leading 3.5 assists per game, he chips in 11.9 points per game. For the Gaels, Matthew Dellavedova finished with 19 points and 7 assists in the 74-64 win over San Diego on Feb. 9. He puts up a team-leading 15.9 points per game, 6.6 assists per game, and 1.2 steals per game. Saint Mary's will attempt to capitalize on their strengths, which include defensive rebounding percentage at 75.6 percent, effective field goal percentage at 56.8 percent, and offensive rebounding percentage at 37.6 percent.
Saint Mary's StatSmack
- Gonzaga has been the favorite 32 out of the last 36 times.
- Gonzaga has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Saint Mary's this season (five vs. one).
- Gonzaga is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Gonzaga is 224 lbs compared to 206 lbs for Saint Mary's.
- Kelly Olynyk is ranked 8th in the West Coast in points, 8th in the West Coast in rebounds, and 5th in the West Coast in blocks.
- Over the past 10 years, Gonzaga has had more players drafted by the NBA than Saint Mary's (five vs. one).
- Gonzaga has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Saint Mary's (10 vs. four).
- David Stockton is ranked 9th in the West Coast in assists and 4th in the West Coast in steals.
- The Gonzaga steals leader (David Stockton, 44 steals) has more steals than the Saint Mary's steals leader (Matthew Dellavedova, 29 steals).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Gonzaga is superior to Saint Mary's (Latest AP Poll: No. 5 vs. Not Ranked).
- Kevin Pangos is ranked 4th in the West Coast in three-pointers, 8th in the West Coast in assists, and 5th in the West Coast in steals.
- Gonzaga is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Gonzaga is 78.0 inches compared to 76.8 inches for Saint Mary's.
|C||Guy Landry Edi||12||4||2||0||0||0||1|
|C||J. Walker III||23||8||4||1||1||0||1|