Louisiana Tech vs. Seattle: Full Game Preview
|Louisiana Tech||R Appleby 14.5||M Kyser 5.9||K Smith 5.2|
|Seattle||C Trent 10.8||D Sunderhaus 6.5||P Obasi 4.5|
On Thursday, Seattle welcomes Louisiana Tech at Key Arena. Tipoff is at 10 p.m. EST. The Redhawks lost to the Bulldogs 78-71 on Jan. 19 and are 1-2 against them over the last four years.
Seattle is currently in ninth place in the conference and Louisiana Tech is in first.
The Redhawks fell 60-57 to New Mexico State on Feb. 9. Deshaun Sunderhaus finished with 14 points and 5 rebounds in the loss. He contributes a team-high 6.5 rebounds per game and 0.9 blocks per game. For the Bulldogs, Chris Anderson put up 8 points and 13 rebounds in the 84-69 blowout of Texas State on Feb. 9. He contributes 3.5 rebounds per game in addition to his 4 points per game. When considering the Four Factors, Louisiana Tech performs well in turnover percentage at 17.6 percent. This ranks first in the conference and 36th in the country.
Louisiana Tech StatSmack
- Prince Obasi is ranked 2nd in the WAC in assists.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Seattle currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (945 to 908) than Louisiana Tech, per the NCAA.
- Deshaun Sunderhaus is ranked 9th in the WAC in rebounds and 10th in the WAC in blocks.
- The Seattle rebounding leader (Deshaun Sunderhaus, 143 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Louisiana Tech rebounding leader (Michale Kyser, 142 rebounds).
- Seattle has a stronger schedule than Louisiana Tech this season (SOS Rank: No. 154 vs. No. 244).
- Chad Rasmussen is ranked 5th in the WAC in three-pointers.
- D`Vonne Pickett is ranked 5th in the WAC in assists and 5th in the WAC in steals.
- The Seattle three-point leader (Chad Rasmussen, 45 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Louisiana Tech three-point leader (Cordarius Johnson, 39 three-pointers).
- Seattle is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Seattle is 206 lbs compared to 195 lbs for Louisiana Tech.