|Denver||C Udofia 12.5||R O`Neale 5.8||R O`Neale 3.3|
|Utah State||P Medlin 16.3||J Shaw 8.2||P Medlin 3.2|
Denver travels to Dee Glen Smith Spectrum on Thursday to take on Utah State. Tipoff is at 9:05 p.m. EST and it can be seen on KMYU or ESPN3.com. The Pioneers beat the Aggies 68-57 on Jan. 19 and are 2-1 against them over the last four years.
Denver is in second place in the WAC and needs to hold off Utah State who sit just south in fourth place.
In their last matchup on Feb. 9, Jalen Love put up 22 points as the Pioneers ran it up on Idaho 74-58. He is averaging 6.7 points and 1.4 assists per game. For the Aggies, Spencer Butterfield put up 22 points and 10 rebounds in the 63-36 blowout of San Jose State on Feb. 8. He contributes 6 rebounds per game in addition to his 11.1 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Utah State is strong in the following categories: offensive rebounding percentage at 38.4 percent and defensive rebounding percentage at 73.2 percent.
Utah State StatSmack
- Even computers respect Denver more. Denver has a better RPI this season than Utah State (RPI: No. 111 vs. No. 123).
- The Denver blocks leader (Chris Udofia, 55 blocks) has more blocks than the Utah State blocks leader (Kyisean Reed, 28 blocks).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Denver currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (976 to 964) than Utah State, per the NCAA.
- The Denver assist leader (Royce O`Neale, 75 assists) has more assists than the Utah State assist leader (Marcel Davis, 68 assists).
- Chase Hallam is ranked 9th in the WAC in three-pointers and 31st nationally in steals.
- Denver has a better scoring defense (55.3 allowed per game vs. 61.7 allowed per game) than Utah State this season.
- A for effort, but Denver has emerged victorious against Utah State the last two times they've played.
- The Denver three-point leader (Brett Olson, 56 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Utah State three-point leader (Spencer Butterfield, 36 three-pointers).
- Cam Griffin is ranked 9th in the WAC in steals.
- Royce O`Neale is ranked 5th in the WAC in assists and 10th in the WAC in steals.
- Denver has a better conference record than Utah State this season (11-2 vs. 8-4).