|Loyola Marymount||A Ireland 20.3||A Hamilton 6.6||C Flint 4.3|
|Pepperdine||L Jackson 14.4||S Davis 7.4||C Willis 4.7|
On Thursday, Loyola Marymount travels to Firestone Fieldhouse to take on Pepperdine. Tipoff is at 10 p.m. EST. The Lions lost to the Waves 60-57 on Jan. 24 and are 5-5 against them over the last four years.
Loyola Marymount is in ninth place in the conference and trying to catch seventh place Pepperdine.
In spite of 30 points from Anthony Ireland, the Lions came up short 74-55 against Gonzaga on Feb. 9. He paces the team in points per game with 20.3, and steals per game with 1.7. For the Waves, Lorne Jackson finished with 22 points and 7 rebounds in the 72-68 win over Portland on Feb. 9. With 14.4 points per game and 1.5 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- Loyola Marymount has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Pepperdine ($28,548 vs. $51,670).
- Loyola Marymount players are more experienced than Pepperdine players (12,899 minutes played vs. 10,037 minutes played).
- Loyola Marymount has more wins over the last 5 years than Pepperdine (66 vs. 60).
- Chase Flint is ranked 10th in the West Coast in assists.
- Loyola Marymount has a better overall winning percentage over the last five years (39.4 percent to 32.9 percent).
- Ashley Hamilton is ranked 7th in the West Coast in rebounds.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Loyola Marymount currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (949 to 927) than Pepperdine, per the NCAA.
- The Loyola Marymount scoring leader (Anthony Ireland, 486 points) has more points than the Pepperdine scoring leader (Lorne Jackson, 346 points).
- The Loyola Marymount assist leader (Anthony Ireland, 91 assists) has more assists than the Pepperdine assist leader (Jordan Baker, 73 assists).
- Anthony Ireland is ranked 9th nationally in points, 6th in the West Coast in three-pointers, 7th in the West Coast in assists, and 5th in the West Coast in steals.
|C-||M. De Freitas||18||2||5||1||0||1||1|