|IUPUI||J Hart 14.2||D Gibbs 6.3||G Rice 3.7|
|South Dakota State||N Wolters 22.8||J Dykstra 7.2||N Wolters 5.5|
On Thursday, South Dakota State plays host to IUPUI at Frost Arena. Tipoff is at 8:05 p.m. EST and it can be seen on FCS or Midco Sports Net. The Jackrabbits beat the Jaguars 80-65 on Jan. 19 and are 6-4 against them over the last four years.
IUPUI is in ninth place in the conference and South Dakota State is in second place.
The Jackrabbits fell 88-83 to Oakland on Feb. 9. Nate Wolters finished with 36 points and 6 rebounds in the loss. The do-it-all performer chips in a team-leading 22.8 points per game, 5.5 assists per game, and 1.7 steals per game. For the Jaguars, Sean Esposito finished with 23 points in the 85-78 loss to Nebraska-Omaha on Feb. 9. He contributes 2.6 rebounds per game in addition to his 7.8 points per game.
There is a single key statistical area where South Dakota State can exploit IUPUI, rebounding, where the Jackrabbits have an edge over the Jaguars, 34 per game to 28 per game.
- The South Dakota State assist leader (Nate Wolters, 133 assists) has more assists than the IUPUI assist leader (Greg Rice, 96 assists).
- South Dakota State has a stronger schedule (including future opponents) than IUPUI this season (Projected SOS Rank: No. 172 vs. No. 190).
- South Dakota State is ranked higher than IUPUI in the Summit League (No. 2 vs. No. 9).
- Even computers respect South Dakota State more. South Dakota State has a better RPI this season than IUPUI (RPI: No. 69 vs. No. 306).
- South Dakota State has an average margin of victory of 13 over IUPUI in six wins since 2007.
- Nate Wolters is ranked 6th nationally in points, 5th in the Summit League in three-pointers, 33rd nationally in assists, and 3rd in the Summit League in steals.
- South Dakota State players are more experienced than IUPUI players (15,446 minutes played vs. 10,896 minutes played).
- The South Dakota State rebounding leader (Jordan Dykstra, 188 rebounds) has more rebounds than the IUPUI rebounding leader (Donovan Gibbs, 163 rebounds).
- It's only wins and losses, but South Dakota State has a better overall record than IUPUI this season (19-7 vs. 6-20).
- South Dakota State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on South Dakota State is 212 lbs compared to 205 lbs for IUPUI.
- South Dakota State attacks the glass, with more rebounds (34.6 per game vs. 28.8 per game) than IUPUI this season.