FL Internationial vs. Troy: Full Game Preview
|FL Internationial||T Murphy 15.5||T Murphy 7.4||D Hill 2.8|
|Troy||E Jones 11.6||R Chambers 5.9||H Williams 3.3|
On Thursday, Florida International travels to Trojan Arena to take on Troy. Tipoff occurs at 8:30 p.m. EST. The Golden Panthers beat the Trojans 61-55 on Jan. 19 and are 5-4 against them over the last four years.
Florida International is currently in fifth place in the conference and Troy is in eigth.
In their last outing, despite 23 points and 5 rebounds from Tymell Murphy, the Golden Panthers fell to North Texas 77-67 on Feb. 9. He contributes team-best marks with 15.5 points per game, 7.4 rebounds per game, and 1.1 blocks per game. The Trojans were defeated by Middle Tennessee State 93-41 on Feb. 9 despite 16 points from Emil Jones. He leads the team in points with 11.6 per game, steals with 1.7 per game, and blocks with 0.5 per game. One category in which Troy is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 16.9 percent, ranking first in their conference (and 19th nationally).
- Tymell Murphy is ranked 5th in the Sun Belt in points, 5th in the Sun Belt in rebounds, and 4th in the Sun Belt in steals.
- Florida International has a potent offense, scoring more points (69.9 per game vs. 62.0 per game) than Troy this season.
- The Florida International blocks leader (Tymell Murphy, 26 blocks) has more blocks than the Troy blocks leader (Emil Jones, 13 blocks).
- Florida International is better under pressure, and has defeated Troy in five out of the last eight games decided by five points or fewer.
- Florida International is ranked higher than Troy in the Sun Belt (No. 3 vs. No. 6).
- Even computers respect Florida International more. Florida International has a better RPI this season than Troy (RPI: No. 146 vs. No. 268).
- The Florida International three-point leader (Malik Smith, 70 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Troy three-point leader (Hunter Williams, 47 three-pointers).
- The Florida International rebounding leader (Tymell Murphy, 178 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Troy rebounding leader (Ray Chambers, 147 rebounds).
- It's only wins and losses, but Florida International has a better overall record than Troy this season (13-11 vs. 10-15).
- The Florida International steals leader (Deric Hill, 52 steals) has more steals than the Troy steals leader (Emil Jones, 43 steals).
- Boom! Florida International defeated Troy by 6 points the last time they played (Jan 19, 2013).
|D+||M. Porcher Jimenez||15||7||2||1||0||0||1|
|D||Joey De La Rosa||9||2||1||0||0||0||0|