|Gonzaga||K Olynyk 17.7||E Harris 7.2||K Pangos 3.5|
|Saint Mary's||M Dellavedova 15.9||M Young 5.7||M Dellavedova 6.6|
On Thursday, Saint Mary's plays host to No. 5 Gonzaga at McKeon Pavilion. It gets started at 11 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN 2. The Gaels fell to the Bulldogs 83-78 on Jan. 10 and are 4-9 against them over the last four years.
A win here would help close the gap with Gonzaga in the West Coast, who are in first place and just above Saint Mary's in second place.
The Gaels got past San Diego 74-64 on Feb. 9 with the help of 19 points and 7 assists from Matthew Dellavedova. He leads the team in points with 15.9 per game, assists with 6.6 per game, and steals with 1.2 per game. For the Bulldogs, Kelly Olynyk finished with 20 points and 6 rebounds in the 74-55 blowout of Loyola Marymount on Feb. 9. He leads the team in points with 17.7 per game and blocks with 1 per game. Gonzaga will attempt to capitalize on their strengths, which include offensive rebounding percentage at 38.0 percent, effective field goal percentage at 56.5 percent, and turnover percentage at 17.7 percent.
- Saint Mary's has an average margin of victory of 8 over Gonzaga in 24 wins since 1980.
- Matthew Dellavedova is ranked 5th in the West Coast in points, 2nd in the West Coast in three-pointers, and 9th nationally in assists.
- Brad Waldow is ranked 5th in the West Coast in blocks.
- Mitchell Young is ranked 10th in the West Coast in rebounds.
- The Saint Mary's scoring leader (Matthew Dellavedova, 397 points) has more points than the Gonzaga scoring leader (Kelly Olynyk, 390 points).
- Saint Mary's players are more experienced than Gonzaga players (17,910 minutes played vs. 14,261 minutes played).
- The Saint Mary's three-point leader (Matthew Dellavedova, 60 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Gonzaga three-point leader (Kevin Pangos, 58 three-pointers).
- The Saint Mary's assist leader (Matthew Dellavedova, 165 assists) has more assists than the Gonzaga assist leader (Kevin Pangos, 87 assists).
- Moraga isn't as congested as Spokane (population is significantly lower).
|C||Guy Landry Edi||12||4||2||0||0||0||1|
|C||J. Walker III||23||8||4||1||1||0||1|