Arizona vs. Colorado: Full Game Preview
|Arizona||M Lyons 15.4||B Ashley 5.8||M Lyons 3.0|
|Colorado||S Dinwiddie 14.8||A Roberson 11.6||S Dinwiddie 2.8|
Colorado welcomes No. 9 Arizona to Coors Events Center on Thursday. Tipoff occurs at 10 p.m. EST and you can catch it on Pac-12 Network. The Buffaloes fell to the Wildcats 92-83 on Jan. 3 and are 2-3 against them over the last four years.
Colorado is in fifth place in the Pac 12, Arizona is in first place.
The Buffaloes got past Oregon State 72-68 on Feb. 10 with the help of 24 points from Spencer Dinwiddie. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 14.8 points per game and 2.8 assists per game. The Wildcats were defeated by California 77-69 on Feb. 10 despite 16 points and 5 rebounds from Mark Lyons. He leads the team in points with 15.4 per game and assists with 3 per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Arizona is strong in defensive rebounding percentage at 73.5 percent. This is good enough for first in the conference and 15th in the nation.
- The Colorado rebounding leader (Andre Roberson, 267 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Arizona rebounding leader (Brandon Ashley, 134 rebounds).
- The Colorado steals leader (Andre Roberson, 50 steals) has more steals than the Arizona steals leader (Nick Johnson, 49 steals).
- The Colorado blocks leader (Andre Roberson, 32 blocks) has more blocks than the Arizona blocks leader (Grant Jerrett, 21 blocks).
- Boulder isn't as congested as Tucson (population is significantly lower).
- The Colorado basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Arizona (43 percent vs. 20 percent).
- Andre Roberson is ranked 5th nationally in rebounds, 36th nationally in steals, and 8th in the Pac 12 in blocks.