|Jacksonville State||T Gaines 15.0||R Boggs 5.7||B Williams 4.2|
|Morehead State||M Chavis 10.7||C Posthumus 6.3||D Atkinson 5.1|
On Thursday, Morehead State welcomes Jacksonville State at Ellis T. Johnson Arena. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. EST. The Eagles fell to the Gamecocks 70-59 on Feb. 2 and are 8-3 against them over the last four years.
Morehead State is in sixth place in the conference and has an opportunity to gain ground on fifth place Jacksonville State.
In spite of 16 points from Angelo Warner, the Eagles came up short 68-47 against Eastern Kentucky on Feb. 9. He is averaging 10.3 points per game and leads the team in steals with 1.6 per game. The Gamecocks were defeated by Tennessee Tech 78-64 on Feb. 9 despite 22 points from Brian Williams. He is averaging 12.9 points per game and leads the team in assists with 4.2 per game.
Morehead State looks to have the advantage over Jacksonville State in one significant area, rebounding, where the Eagles have an edge over the Gamecocks, 36 per game to 28 per game. When considering the Four Factors, Jacksonville State performs well in free throw rate at 45.1 percent. This ranks first in the conference and 11th in the country.
Jacksonville State StatSmack
- Morehead State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (59.8 percent to 39.6 percent).
- Angelo Warner is ranked 9th in the Ohio Valley in steals.
- Morehead State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Morehead State is 208 lbs compared to 192 lbs for Jacksonville State.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Morehead State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (962 to 889) than Jacksonville State, per the NCAA.
- Morehead State has an average margin of victory of 12 over Jacksonville State in 16 wins since 1998.
- Morehead State has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Jacksonville State (two vs. zero).
- Over the past 10 years, Morehead State has had more players drafted by the NBA than Jacksonville State (two vs. zero).
- Devon Atkinson is ranked 42nd nationally in assists.
- Morehead State has more wins over the last 5 years than Jacksonville State (113 vs. 64).
- Morehead State has a stronger schedule than Jacksonville State this season (SOS Rank: No. 95 vs. No. 272).
- Chad Posthumus is ranked 9th in the Ohio Valley in rebounds and 10th in the Ohio Valley in blocks.