St John's vs. Louisville: Full Game Preview
|St John's||D Harrison 18.3||J Sampson 6.6||P Greene IV 2.8|
|Louisville||R Smith 18.3||G Dieng 9.9||P Siva 6.0|
St. John's heads to KFC Yum! Center on Thursday to take on No. 12 Louisville. It takes place at 9 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN. The Red Storm are 1-4 against the Cardinals over the last four years. They lost 73-58 the last time they played (Jan. 3, 2012).
Louisville and St. John's are neck and neck in the Big East, holding down sixth and eigth place, respectively.
In spite of 21 points and 6 rebounds from JaKarr Sampson, the Red Storm came up short 77-58 against Syracuse on Feb. 10. He tallies 14.8 points per game in addition to a team-best 6.6 rebounds per game. For the Cardinals, Chane Behanan finished with 30 points and 15 rebounds in the 104-101 loss to Notre Dame on Feb. 9. He is averaging 11.2 points and 7.5 rebounds per game.
- The St. John's three-point leader (D`Angelo Harrison, 51 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Louisville three-point leader (Russ Smith, 39 three-pointers).
- St. John's has an average margin of victory of 15 over Louisville in four wins since 1981.
- The St. John's blocks leader (Chris Obekpa, 102 blocks) has more blocks than the Louisville blocks leader (Gorgui Dieng, 44 blocks).
- The St. John's basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Louisville (70 percent vs. 50 percent).
- D`Angelo Harrison is ranked 42nd nationally in points and 4th in the Big East in three-pointers.
- JaKarr Sampson is ranked 8th in the Big East in blocks.
- St. John's has a better record in close games than Louisville this season (5-3 vs. 4-5).
- Chris Obekpa is ranked 2nd nationally in blocks.
|C+||Phil Greene IV||32||9||3||3||1||0||1|
|C||S. Van Treese||12||2||3||0||1||0||0|