LA Lafayette vs. South Alabama: Full Game Preview
|LA Lafayette||S Long 15.8||S Long 10.5||E Payton 5.3|
|South Alabama||A Rubit 19.0||A Rubit 10.6||D Conner 2.5|
South Alabama hosts Louisiana at Mitchell Center on Thursday. The game tips off at 8:05 p.m. EST. The Jaguars beat the Ragin Cajuns 91-89 on Jan. 10 and are 3-2 against them over the last four years.
Louisiana is in eigth place in the conference and South Alabama is in second place.
The Jaguars got past Florida Atlantic 72-71 on Feb. 9 with the help of 18 points and 5 rebounds from Augustine Rubit. On top of his scoring average of 19 points per game, he delivers 10.6 rebounds per game. In a 90-66 blowout of Louisiana-Monroe on Feb. 10, Bryant Mbamalu put up 24 points for the Ragin Cajuns. He contributes 3.7 rebounds per game in addition to his 14.8 points per game.
- South Alabama players are more experienced than Louisiana players (12,233 minutes played vs. 8,012 minutes played).
- South Alabama has a better record in close games than Louisiana this season (8-3 vs. 2-8).
- South Alabama has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (55.2 percent to 42.5 percent).
- The South Alabama basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Louisiana (63 percent vs. 44 percent).
- South Alabama is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on South Alabama is 198 lbs compared to 191 lbs for Louisiana.
- South Alabama has a better record on the road than Louisiana this season (6-4 vs. 1-12).
- A for effort, but South Alabama has emerged victorious against Louisiana the last two times they've played.
- The South Alabama scoring leader (Augustine Rubit, 437 points) has more points than the Louisiana scoring leader (Shawn Long, 394 points).
- AP voters think more highly of South Alabama and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Louisiana (eight vs. zero).
|D||B. Stevens II||20||4||1||1||1||0||1|