Texas A&M-CC vs. Central Arkansas: Full Game Preview
|Texas A&M-CC||W Nelson 13.4||W Nelson 7.6||J Jordan 5.1|
|Central Arkansas||J Garner 15.8||J Garner 6.5||L Miles 3.6|
On Thursday, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi heads to Farris Center to take on Central Arkansas. It starts at 8:30 p.m. EST. The Islanders fell to the Bears 76-67 on Jan. 19 and are 4-1 against them over the last four years.
Central Arkansas and Texas A&M-Corpus Christi are close together in the conference, holding down the seventh and ninth spots, respectively.
The Islanders got past McNeese State 61-58 on Feb. 9 with the help of 15 points and 6 rebounds from Joy Williamson. He is averaging 10.1 points and 4.1 rebounds per game. For the Bears, Jarvis Garner put up 13 points in the 93-73 loss to Northwestern State on Feb. 9. He leads the team in points with 15.8 per game and rebounds with 6.5 per game.
Central Arkansas has a statistical edge over Texas A&M-Corpus Christi in a single key area, scoring, where the Bears have the upper hand over the Islanders, 76 points per game to 59 points per game.
Central Arkansas StatSmack
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi has more wins over the last 5 years than Central Arkansas (63 vs. 55).
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi has a better scoring defense (68.6 allowed per game vs. 77.9 allowed per game) than Central Arkansas this season.
- The Texas A&M-Corpus Christi rebounding leader (William Nelson, 151 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Central Arkansas rebounding leader (Jarvis Garner, 129 rebounds).
- The Texas A&M-Corpus Christi steals leader (Hameed Ali, 34 steals) has more steals than the Central Arkansas steals leader (LaQuentin Miles, 29 steals).
- William Nelson is ranked 6th in the Southland in rebounds.
- Johnathan Jordan is ranked 3rd in the Southland in assists and 8th in the Southland in steals.
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi has a stronger schedule than Central Arkansas this season (SOS Rank: No. 230 vs. No. 262).
- The Texas A&M-Corpus Christi assist leader (Johnathan Jordan, 108 assists) has more assists than the Central Arkansas assist leader (LaQuentin Miles, 62 assists).
- The Texas A&M-Corpus Christi blocks leader (Nate Maxey, 37 blocks) has more blocks than the Central Arkansas blocks leader (Anthony Borden, 29 blocks).
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi has come back to win after being down at half against Central Arkansas three times since 2006.
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi has a better overall winning percentage over the last five years (36.7 percent to 29.5 percent).