Louisiana Tech vs. Seattle: Full Game Preview
|Louisiana Tech||R Appleby 14.5||M Kyser 5.9||K Smith 5.2|
|Seattle||C Trent 10.8||D Sunderhaus 6.5||P Obasi 4.5|
Louisiana Tech visits Key Arena on Thursday to take on Seattle. Tipoff is at 10 p.m. EST. The Bulldogs beat the Redhawks 78-71 on Jan. 19 and are 2-1 against them over the last four years.
Louisiana Tech is first in the WAC and Seattle is in ninth. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In an 84-69 dismantling of Texas State on Feb. 9, Raheem Appleby put up 21 points for the Bulldogs. His 14.5 points per game is the highest mark on the team. For the Redhawks, Deshaun Sunderhaus put up 14 points and 5 rebounds in the 60-57 loss to New Mexico State on Feb. 9. With 6.5 rebounds per game and 0.9 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- The Louisiana Tech assist leader (Kenneth Smith, 125 assists) has more assists than the Seattle assist leader (Prince Obasi, 104 assists).
- Louisiana Tech is better at defending the three (29.2 percent allowed vs. 32.2 percent allowed) than Seattle this season.
- Even computers respect Louisiana Tech more. Louisiana Tech has a better RPI this season than Seattle (RPI: No. 54 vs. No. 281).
- Kenneth Smith is ranked 46th nationally in assists and 4th in the WAC in steals.
- It's only wins and losses, but Louisiana Tech has a better overall record than Seattle this season (21-3 vs. 7-16).
- Michale Kyser is ranked 10th in the WAC in rebounds and 9th nationally in blocks.
- The Louisiana Tech steals leader (Kenneth Smith, 45 steals) has more steals than the Seattle steals leader (D`Vonne Pickett, 36 steals).
- A for effort, but Louisiana Tech has emerged victorious against Seattle the last two times they've played.
- Louisiana Tech players are more experienced than Seattle players (12,668 minutes played vs. 9,493 minutes played).
- Louisiana Tech has a better record on the road than Seattle this season (8-3 vs. 2-7).
- The Louisiana Tech blocks leader (Michale Kyser, 74 blocks) has more blocks than the Seattle blocks leader (Deshaun Sunderhaus, 20 blocks).