Canisius vs. Loyola (MD): Full Game Preview
|Canisius||B Baron 16.9||C Manhertz 8.8||B Baron 5.4|
|Loyola (MD)||D Cormier 16.7||A Winbush 6.7||R Williams 3.5|
Canisius heads to Reitz Arena on Thursday to take on Loyola (MD). Tipoff is at 7:30 p.m. EST. The Golden Griffins beat the Greyhounds 91-79 on Jan. 31 and are 6-4 against them over the last four years.
Loyola (MD) and Canisius are tied for second in the conference.
In a 77-70 triumph over Niagara on Feb. 10, Billy Baron put up 33 points for the Golden Griffins. On top of his scoring average of 16.9 points per game, he delivers 5.4 assists per game. For the Greyhounds, Erik Etherly finished with 22 points and 7 rebounds in the 69-64 loss to Marist on Feb. 10. He is averaging 15.4 points and 6.2 rebounds per game. Areas of strength for Loyola (MD) include: offensive rebounding percentage at 37.5 percent and free throw rate at 41.4 percent.
Loyola (MD) StatSmack
- Canisius has a stronger schedule than Loyola this season (SOS Rank: No. 179 vs. No. 225).
- Harold Washington is ranked 9th in the MAAC in three-pointers.
- Even computers respect Canisius more. Canisius has a better RPI this season than Loyola (RPI: No. 109 vs. No. 130).
- Canisius has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (45.6 percent to 40.7 percent).
- The Canisius rebounding leader (Chris Manhertz, 220 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Loyola rebounding leader (Anthony Winbush, 155 rebounds).
- Isaac Sosa is ranked 9th nationally in three-pointers.
- Canisius is a better three-point shooting team (39.3 percent vs. 29.1 percent) than Loyola this season.
- Boom! Canisius crushed Loyola by 12 points the last time they played (Jan 31, 2013).
- Jordan Heath is ranked 9th in the MAAC in rebounds and 3rd in the MAAC in blocks.
- The Canisius three-point leader (Isaac Sosa, 76 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Loyola three-point leader (Robert Olson, 48 three-pointers).