|Stephen F. Austin||T Smith 16.0||T Smith 8.9||H Bateman 6.1|
|Nicholls State||F Hunter 19.3||F Hunter 7.6||D Thomas 2.9|
Nicholls State plays host to Stephen F. Austin at Stopher Gym on Thursday. Tipoff occurs at 8:30 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN3.com. The Colonels lost to the Lumberjacks 72-49 on Jan. 19 and are 2-5 against them over the last four years.
Nicholls State is currently in sixth place in the Southland and Stephen F. Austin is in first place.
In their last outing, despite 20 points and 9 rebounds from Fred Hunter, the Colonels fell to Southeastern Louisiana 73-62 on Feb. 9. With 19.3 points per game, 7.6 rebounds per game, and 1.7 steals per game, he leads the team in all three categories. For the Lumberjacks, Taylor Smith finished with 21 points and 7 rebounds in the 77-67 win over Oral Roberts on Feb. 9. He leads the team in points with 16 per game, rebounds with 8.9 per game, and blocks with 3.1 per game. Stephen F. Austin will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: defensive rebounding percentage at 73.8 percent and offensive rebounding percentage at 36.9 percent.
Stephen F. Austin StatSmack
- The Nicholls State three-point leader (T.J. Carpenter, 34 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Stephen F. Austin three-point leader (Jacob Parker, 22 three-pointers).
- Nicholls State has a stronger schedule than Stephen F. Austin this season (SOS Rank: No. 222 vs. No. 324).
- Fred Hunter is ranked 3rd in the Southland in points, 7th in the Southland in rebounds, and 8th in the Southland in steals.
- Nicholls State is a better free-throw-shooting team (67.1 percent vs. 60.6 percent) than Stephen F. Austin this season.
- Nicholls State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Nicholls State is 191 lbs compared to 185 lbs for Stephen F. Austin.
- T.J. Carpenter is ranked 6th in the Southland in three-pointers.
- The Nicholls State scoring leader (Fred Hunter, 367 points) has more points than the Stephen F. Austin scoring leader (Taylor Smith, 352 points).
- Nicholls State players are more experienced than Stephen F. Austin players (11,396 minutes played vs. 9,154 minutes played).
- Nicholls State has an average margin of victory of 9 over Stephen F. Austin in 21 wins since 1984.
|C-||Rex Baxter Jr.||5||2||1||0||0||0||0|