Tennessee Tech vs. Eastern Kentucky: Full Game Preview
|Tennessee Tech||J Dillard 19.3||J Dillard 7.9||J Samarrippas 4.0|
|Eastern Kentucky||M DiNunno 15.5||E Stutz 4.4||M DiNunno 4.3|
On Thursday, Eastern Kentucky welcomes Tennessee Tech at Alumni Coliseum. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. EST. The Colonels are 4-4 against the Golden Eagles over the last four years. They lost 74-67 the last time they played (Feb. 15, 2012).
Eastern Kentucky is third in the Ohio Valley and Tennessee Tech is in 11th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In a 68-47 beatdown of Morehead State on Feb. 9, Glenn Cosey put up 17 points and 6 rebounds for the Colonels. He is averaging 15.3 points and 3.5 assists per game. For the Golden Eagles, Jud Dillard finished with 18 points and 10 rebounds in the 78-64 win over Jacksonville State on Feb. 9. With 19.3 points per game and 7.9 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Eastern Kentucky has a statistical advantage over Tennessee Tech in one significant area, scoring, where the Colonels have an edge over the Golden Eagles, 73 points per game to 63 points per game.
Tennessee Tech StatSmack
- Glenn Cosey is ranked 8th in the Ohio Valley in three-pointers.
- The Eastern Kentucky assist leader (Mike DiNunno, 103 assists) has more assists than the Tennessee Tech assist leader (Jeremiah Samarrippas, 92 assists).
- Eastern Kentucky has a better overall winning percentage over the last five years (57.9 percent to 49.7 percent).
- Eastern Kentucky has a potent offense, scoring more points (73.1 per game vs. 63.9 per game) than Tennessee Tech this season.
- Eastern Kentucky has more wins over the last 5 years than Tennessee Tech (102 vs. 88).
- Eastern Kentucky is a better shooting team (47.4 percent vs. 41.7 percent) than Tennessee Tech this season.
- Diaper Dandies love Eastern Kentucky. Eastern Kentucky has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Tennessee Tech (1 vs. 0).
- Eastern Kentucky is better under pressure, and has defeated Tennessee Tech in five out of the last six games decided by five points or fewer.
- Eastern Kentucky is a better three-point shooting team (35.9 percent vs. 31.7 percent) than Tennessee Tech this season.
- Eastern Kentucky has a better record at home than Tennessee Tech this season (12-1 vs. 6-4).