|Georgia Southern||E Ferguson 14.1||E Ferguson 6.7||C Reed 3.7|
|Citadel||M Groselle 15.1||M Groselle 7.7||M Harris III 5.1|
Citadel welcomes Georgia Southern to McAlister Field House on Thursday. It gets started at 7:05 p.m. EST. The Bulldogs defeated the Eagles 70-55 on Jan. 19 and are 5-4 against them over the past four years.
Georgia Southern is in ninth place in the conference and Citadel is in 12th place.
The Bulldogs fell 79-67 to Samford on Feb. 9. Mike Groselle finished with 13 points and 5 rebounds in the loss. He leads the team in points with 15.1 per game, rebounds with 7.7 per game, and steals with 1.3 per game. The Eagles were defeated by Western Carolina 71-62 on Feb. 9 despite 20 points and 5 rebounds from C.J. Reed. He averages 13 points per game in addition to a team-best 3.7 assists per game.
Georgia Southern StatSmack
- That must sting. Citadel has blown out Georgia Southern by 20 points or more on six occasions since 1996.
- Mike Groselle is ranked 10th in SoCon in points and 5th in SoCon in rebounds.
- Matt Van Scyoc is ranked 7th in SoCon in three-pointers.
- Boom! Citadel humiliated Georgia Southern by 15 points the last time they played (Jan 19, 2013).
- Citadel has an average margin of victory of 11 over Georgia Southern in 18 wins since 1992.
- The Citadel assist leader (Marshall Harris III, 118 assists) has more assists than the Georgia Southern assist leader (C.J. Reed, 93 assists).
- Citadel has a stronger schedule than Georgia Southern this season (SOS Rank: No. 299 vs. No. 309).
- The Citadel rebounding leader (Mike Groselle, 176 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Georgia Southern rebounding leader (Eric Ferguson, 168 rebounds).
- Citadel is a better free-throw-shooting team (72.3 percent vs. 65.7 percent) than Georgia Southern this season.
- Citadel has a better overall winning percentage over the last five years (39.1 percent to 31.5 percent).
|F||Tracy Ham Jr.||6||0||0||0||0||0||1|
|D+||Matt Van Scyoc||31||11||3||1||1||1||2|
|D+||M. Harris III||29||6||2||5||1||0||2|