Wofford vs. Samford: Full Game Preview
|Wofford||K Cochran 15.5||L Skinner 7.3||I Faithfull 3.7|
|Samford||T Williams 14.5||T Williams 6.7||R Kelly 4.6|
Samford hosts Wofford at Pete Hanna Center on Thursday. Tipoff is at 8 p.m. EST. The Bulldogs are 1-5 against the Terriers over the last four years. The last time they played they won 66-61 on Feb. 4, 2012.
Wofford is in 10th place in the SoCon and Samford is in sixth place.
In spite of 19 points and 6 assists from Raijon Kelly, the Bulldogs came up short 62-59 against Chattanooga on Feb. 11. In addition to a team-leading 4.6 assists per game, he chips in 14.5 points per game. For the Terriers, Spencer Collins put up 20 points in the 57-56 loss to Western Carolina on Feb. 11. He is averaging 13.1 points and 2.8 rebounds per game. A key area of strength for Wofford is defensive rebounding percentage at 73.7 percent, which ranks first in their conference (and 14th nationally).
- Samford has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Wofford ($30,166 vs. $41,345).
- Samford has a better conference record than Wofford this season (6-6 vs. 4-9).
- Samford is a better shooting team (44.3 percent vs. 39.2 percent) than Wofford this season.
- Samford has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Wofford ($15,702 vs. $22,199).
- Samford is a better three-point shooting team (36.8 percent vs. 31.6 percent) than Wofford this season.
- Samford players are more experienced than Wofford players (9,201 minutes played vs. 8,159 minutes played).
- The Samford assist leader (Raijon Kelly, 115 assists) has more assists than the Wofford assist leader (Indiana Faithfull, 95 assists).
- Raijon Kelly is ranked 6th in SoCon in points, 4th in SoCon in three-pointers, and 2nd in SoCon in assists.
- Samford has a stronger schedule than Wofford this season (SOS Rank: No. 229 vs. No. 252).
- Samford beat Wofford by 5 points the last time they played (Feb 04, 2012).
- The Samford blocks leader (Tim Williams, 33 blocks) has more blocks than the Wofford blocks leader (Karl Cochran, 17 blocks).
|C||C. Geffrard Jr.||27||11||4||1||1||1||1|