(11-14, 3-9 away)
Wichita State 71
(21-5, 15-1 home)
Venue: Charles Koch Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 13, 2013
||B Simons 15
||J Clarke 8
||R Carter 6
||F Van Vleet 17
||C Hall 10
||F Van Vleet 9
Wichita State smoked Drake 71-56 in conference action on Wednesday, Feb. 13. With the win, the Shockers remain undefeated against Drake this season at 2-0. The Shockers were led by Fred Van Vleet, who put up a season-high 17 points and nine assists. Carl Hall played his way to a double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Richard Carter finished with 11 points and six assists. This makes three wins in a row for the Shockers. Wichita State (21-5, 10-4 The Valley) gets Illinois State (16-10, 7-7 The Valley) on the road on Sunday, Feb. 17.
Wichita State Game Notes
- The last time WSU started the season 21-5 was 2010.
- WSU beat the spread by one points. That makes the 13th time this season the Shockers have beaten the spread.
- The Shockers have won every game this season (13-0) after recording 71 or more total points.
- Wichita State has won 78 percent of the time this season (7-2) when its three-point percentage has been 39.1 percent or better.
- Wichita State has won 78 percent of the time this season (7-2) after committing 15 or fewer turnovers.
- WSU has won every game this season (10-0) when opponents record 56 or fewer total points.
- WSU has won every game this season (10-0) after holding an opponent to under 34.7 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Wichita State has won 89 percent of the time (16-2) when Cleanthony Early has 11 points or more, 92 percent of the time (12-1) when Malcolm Armstead has four field goals made or more, and 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Carl Hall has six free throws made or more.
- The Shockers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--WSU has a 16.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Fred Van Vleet and Carl Hall) accounted for 43.6 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (21) than the starters (20).
- The bench recorded more points (36) than the starters (35).
- Carl Hall has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 26 games this season.
- Carl Hall recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Carl Hall recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and seventh of his career.
Drake Game Notes
- This loss extended the Bulldogs losing streak to three games.
- Richard Carter recorded a team season high in free throws made with nine.
- The top two scorers (Ben Simons and Richard Carter) accounted for 46.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Clarke and Seth VanDeest) accounted for 48.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Ben Simons has led the team in scoring nine times in 25 games this season.
- Jordan Clarke has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 25 games this season.
- Jordan Clarke has five straight double-digit point games.
- Richard Carter has four straight double-digit point games.
- Ben Simons has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Seth VanDeest.
|D+||Gary Ricks Jr.||11||0||2||1||0||0||0|
|A+||Fred Van Vleet||35||17||5||9||2||1||1|