(11-14, 3-9 away)
Wichita State 71
(21-5, 15-1 home)
Venue: Charles Koch Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 13, 2013
||B Simons 15
||J Clarke 8
||R Carter 6
||F Van Vleet 17
||C Hall 10
||F Van Vleet 9
On Wednesday, Feb. 13, Drake was blown out by Wichita State 71-56 in conference play. The Bulldogs stay winless against Wichita State this season at 0-2. The Bulldogs were led by Richard Carter, who put up 11 points and six assists. Jordan Clarke had 10 points and added eight rebounds. Fred Van Vleet got a season-high 17 points and nine assists for the Shockers. Drake (11-14, 5-9 The Valley) takes on Northern Iowa (15-11, 8-6 The Valley) on Saturday, Feb. 16 at home.
Drake Game Notes
- Drake started 11-14 during the 2010, 2009, 2003, and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- The Bulldogs have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-8) after having a three-point percentage of 34.8 percent or worse.
- Drake has lost 82 percent of the time this season (2-9) after recording 14 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 39.1 percent or better this season, Drake has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 71 or more total points this season, Drake has lost 87 percent of the time (2-13).
- When the opposition records nine or more three-pointers this season, Drake has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- Drake set a season low for field goals made (17).
- The Bulldogs have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past five games.
- Drake has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past six games.
- Richard Carter recorded a team season high in free throws made with nine.
- The top two scorers (Ben Simons and Richard Carter) accounted for 46.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Clarke and Seth VanDeest) accounted for 48.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Ben Simons has led the team in scoring in nine out of 25 games this season.
- Jordan Clarke has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 25 games this season.
- Jordan Clarke has five straight double-digit point games.
- Richard Carter has four straight double-digit point games.
- Ben Simons has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Seth VanDeest.
Wichita State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Fred Van Vleet and Carl Hall) accounted for 43.6 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (21) than the starters (20).
- The bench recorded more points (36) than the starters (35).
- Carl Hall has led the team in rebounding nine times in 26 games this season.
- Carl Hall recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Carl Hall recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and seventh of his career.
|D+||Gary Ricks Jr.||11||0||2||1||0||0||0|
|A+||Fred Van Vleet||35||17||5||9||2||1||1|