Air Force 71
(15-8, 12-1 home)
Venue: Clune Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 13, 2013
||K Reinhardt 15
||A Bennett 8
||A Marshall 6
||M Lyons 27
||M Fitzgerald 8
||T Fletcher 5
UNLV was punished by Air Force 71-56 in conference play on Wednesday, Feb. 13. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Anthony Marshall put up seven points in 34 minutes in a losing effort. Anthony Bennett scored eight points and added eight rebounds. Michael Lyons got a game-high 27 points and four assists for the Falcons. The next game will be on Saturday, Feb. 16 when UNLV (18-7, 5-5 MWC) welcomes San Diego State (18-6, 6-4 MWC).
UNLV Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:00 left to go.
- UNLV started 18-7 during the 2010, 1999, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- UNLV has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after recording 11 or fewer assists.
- UNLV set a season low for rebounds (24).
- The Rebels have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Katin Reinhardt and Anthony Bennett) accounted for 41.0 percent of the points.
- Anthony Bennett accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Anthony Bennett has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 25 games this season.
Air Force Game Notes
- Michael Lyons recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 21.
- Michael Lyons accounted for 38.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Mike Fitzgerald and Kamryn Williams) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Michael Lyons has led the team in scoring 14 times in 23 games this season.
- Mike Fitzgerald has led the team in rebounding six times in 23 games this season.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Michael Lyons's career.
- Michael Lyons has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Mike Fitzgerald has three straight double-digit point games.