Air Force 71
(15-8, 12-1 home)
Venue: Clune Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 13, 2013
||K Reinhardt 15
||A Bennett 8
||A Marshall 6
||M Lyons 27
||M Fitzgerald 8
||T Fletcher 5
On Wednesday, Feb. 13, Air Force took on UNLV and won big against the Rebels 71-56 in MWC action. The Falcons even the season series against UNLV at 1-1 with the win. The Falcons were led by Michael Lyons, who got a game-high 27 points and four assists. Mike Fitzgerald had 18 points and added eight rebounds. Anthony Marshall got seven points for the Rebels. Air Force (14-8, 6-4 MWC) takes on 24th-ranked Colorado State (20-4, 7-2 MWC) on Saturday, Feb. 16 on their home court.
Air Force Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:00 left to go.
- The last time AF started the season 15-8 was 2004.
- AF beat the spread by 18.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Falcons have beaten the spread.
- The Falcons have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 29 or more field goals made.
- Air Force has won every game this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.8 percent or better.
- AF has won every game this season (8-0) when opponents record 56 or fewer total points.
- AF has won 78 percent of the time this season (7-2) after holding an opponent to under 26.3 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Air Force has won 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Michael Lyons has 27 points or more, 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Todd Fletcher plays 36 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Mike Fitzgerald has eight rebounds or more.
- Air Force has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--AF has a 18.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Michael Lyons recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 21.
- Michael Lyons accounted for 38.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Mike Fitzgerald and Kamryn Williams) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Michael Lyons has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 23 games this season.
- Mike Fitzgerald has led the team in rebounding in six out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Michael Lyons's career.
- Michael Lyons has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Mike Fitzgerald has three straight double-digit point games.
UNLV Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Katin Reinhardt and Anthony Bennett) accounted for 41.0 percent of the points.
- Anthony Bennett accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Anthony Bennett has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 25 games this season.