Iowa State 86
(16-8, 2-8 away)
(11-13, 11-4 home)
Venue: Frank C. Erwin, Jr., Special Events Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 13, 2013
||T McGee 21
||M Ejim 16
||K Lucious 11
||S McClellan 18
||S McClellan 8
||M Kabongo 7
On Wednesday, Feb. 13, Texas took on Iowa State and slipped by the Cyclones 89-86 in double overtime. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. Connor Lammert played well for the Longhorns and got a season-high 14 points and six rebounds (4 Ast 3 Blk). Sheldon McClellan had a team-high 18 points and added eight rebounds. Melvin Ejim recorded a double-double for the Cyclones on 20 points and 16 rebounds. Next up for Texas (11-12, 3-7 Big 12) is 14th-ranked Kansas (20-4, 8-3 Big 12) on Saturday, Feb. 16 on the road.
Texas Game Notes
- The last time Texas started the season 11-13 was 1997.
- Texas beat the spread by four points. That makes the 12th time this season the Longhorns have beaten the spread.
- Texas has played in four overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Longhorns have played in 14 overtime games with a record of 6-8.
- The Longhorns have won two close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Texas is 22-30 in close games.
- The Longhorns have won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after recording 43 or more rebounds.
- Texas has won 82 percent of the time this season (9-2) after holding an opponent to under 35.0 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Texas has won 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Ioannis Papapetrou has eight rebounds or more.
- The Longhorns set a season high for total points (89).
- The last time Texas recorded at least 89 total points was Dec 13, 2011 against Nicholls State.
- This is the first win of the season where the Longhorns came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--Texas has a 9.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Sheldon McClellan has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 24 games this season.
- Ioannis Papapetrou has led the team in rebounding in five out of 24 games this season.
- Ioannis Papapetrou has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Myck Kabongo.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Jonathan Holmes.
Iowa State Game Notes
- The Cyclones have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Iowa State is 21-25 in close games.
- Melvin Ejim recorded a team season high in rebounds with 16.
- Korie Lucious tallied a team season high in assists with 11.
- Tyrus McGee tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 18 and three pointers attempted with 12.
- The top two scorers (Tyrus McGee and Melvin Ejim) accounted for 47.6 percent of the points.
- Melvin Ejim accounted for 39.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Tyrus McGee has led the team in scoring seven times in 24 games this season.
- Melvin Ejim has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 24 games this season.
- This game was the second double-digit assist game of Korie Lucious's career.
- Korie Lucious set a career high with 11 assists.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Melvin Ejim's career.
- Melvin Ejim has three straight double-digit point games.
- Melvin Ejim recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 17th of his career.
- Melvin Ejim set career highs with 16 rebounds and seven offensive rebounds.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Will Clyburn's career.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Tyrus McGee's career.
- Tyrus McGee has four straight double-digit point games.
- Tyrus McGee set a career high with eight field goals made.