Iowa State 86
(16-8, 2-8 away)
(11-13, 11-4 home)
Venue: Frank C. Erwin, Jr., Special Events Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 13, 2013
||T McGee 21
||M Ejim 16
||K Lucious 11
||S McClellan 18
||S McClellan 8
||M Kabongo 7
Iowa State lost a close one to Texas 89-86 in double overtime on Wednesday, Feb. 13. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. The Cyclones got a double-double out of Melvin Ejim with 20 points and 16 rebounds. Tyrus McGee was on fire from three-point range, going 5 for 12 on the way to a game-high 21 points (5 Reb 3 Stl). For the Longhorns, Connor Lammert got a season-high 14 points and six rebounds (4 Ast 3 Blk). This makes three losses in a row for the Cyclones. Iowa State (16-8, 6-5 Big 12) takes on TCU (10-14, 1-10 Big 12) on Saturday, Feb. 16 on their home court.
Iowa State Game Notes
- Iowa State has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Cyclones have played in 12 overtime games with a record of 5-7.
- The Cyclones have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Iowa State is 21-25 in close games.
- When the opposition records 20 or more free throws made this season, Iowa State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 43 or more rebounds this season, Iowa State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- This is the third loss of the season where the Cyclones opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Melvin Ejim recorded a team season high in rebounds with 16.
- Korie Lucious tallied a team season high in assists with 11.
- Tyrus McGee tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 18 and three pointers attempted with 12.
- The top two scorers (Tyrus McGee and Melvin Ejim) accounted for 47.6 percent of the points.
- Melvin Ejim accounted for 39.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Tyrus McGee has led the team in scoring in seven out of 24 games this season.
- Melvin Ejim has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 24 games this season.
- This game was the second double-digit assist game of Korie Lucious's career.
- Korie Lucious had a career high with 11 assists.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Melvin Ejim's career.
- Melvin Ejim has three straight double-digit point games.
- Melvin Ejim recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 17th of his career.
- Melvin Ejim had career highs with 16 rebounds and seven offensive rebounds.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Will Clyburn's career.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Tyrus McGee's career.
- Tyrus McGee has four straight double-digit point games.
- Tyrus McGee had a career high with eight field goals made.
Texas Game Notes
- The Longhorns won this one, but have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas is 22-30 in close games.
- Sheldon McClellan has led the team in scoring 13 times in 24 games this season.
- Ioannis Papapetrou has led the team in rebounding five times in 24 games this season.
- Ioannis Papapetrou has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Myck Kabongo.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Jonathan Holmes.