Southern Miss topped Tulane 71-60 in C-USA play on Wednesday, Feb. 13. Daveon Boardingham led the Golden Eagles and put up seven points and eight rebounds. Dwayne Davis had a game-high 21 points and added three rebounds. Josh Davis got a double-double for the Green Wave with a team-high 19 points and 10 rebounds. Southern Miss (19-6, 8-2 C-USA) gets East Carolina (14-9, 5-5 C-USA) on the road on Saturday, Feb. 16.
Southern Miss Game Notes
- The last time USM started the season 19-6 was 2010.
- Southern Miss has won every game this season (8-0) when its field goal percentage has been 54.3 percent or better.
- The Golden Eagles have won every game this season (7-0) after recording eight or more three-pointers.
- USM has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 10 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Southern Miss has won 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Jerrold Brooks has 14 points or more, 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Dwayne Davis plays 32 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Neil Watson has seven assists or more.
- The Golden Eagles have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--USM has a 27.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Dwayne Davis and Jerrold Brooks) accounted for 49.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Daveon Boardingham and Jonathan Mills) accounted for 44.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Dwayne Davis has led the team in scoring in six out of 25 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Dwayne Davis's career.
- Dwayne Davis has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Rashard McGill had career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Daveon Boardingham.
Tulane Game Notes
- Josh Davis accounted for 31.6 percent of the team's points.
- Josh Davis accounted for 40.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Josh Davis has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 22 times in 25 games this season.
- Josh Davis recorded the 30th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Josh Davis has three straight double-digit point games.
- Josh Davis recorded a double-double. It was his 14th this season and 26th of his career.