(13-10, 2-7 away)
(15-8, 11-4 home)
Venue: Hofheinz Pavilion
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 13, 2013
||J Washburn 17
||J Washburn 6
||J Streeter 5
||T Thomas 24
||T Thomas 11
||T Thomas 7
Houston squared off with Texas-El Paso on Wednesday, Feb. 13 and easily knocked off the Miners 79-61 in conference action. TaShawn Thomas got a career-high 24 points and 11 rebounds for the Cougars, earning a double-double. Danuel House had 19 points and added five rebounds. For the Miners, Julian Washburn finished with a team-high 17 points and six rebounds. Houston (14-8, 4-6 C-USA) travels to Tulsa (13-11, 5-5 C-USA) on Saturday, Feb. 16.
Houston Game Notes
- UH beat the spread by 21.5 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Cougars have beaten the spread.
- The Cougars have won every game this season (4-0) after recording nine or more three-pointers.
- Houston has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- UH has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 61 or fewer total points.
- UH has won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) after holding an opponent to under 29.4 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Houston has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when TaShawn Thomas plays 36 minutes or more.
- The Cougars set season highs for field goal percentage (55.1) and three-point percentage (69.2).
- The last time UH had a three-point percentage of 69.2 percent or higher was Mar 07, 2002 against Memphis.
- The Cougars have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past four games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--UH has a 11.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- TaShawn Thomas accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's points.
- TaShawn Thomas accounted for 30.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- TaShawn Thomas has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 16 times in 23 games this season.
- Joseph Young has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of TaShawn Thomas's career.
- TaShawn Thomas has nine straight double-digit point games.
- TaShawn Thomas recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 19th of his career.
- TaShawn Thomas had career highs with 24 points and seven assists.
- Danuel House has three straight double-digit point games.
Texas-El Paso Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Julian Washburn and John Bohannon) accounted for 45.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Julian Washburn and John Bohannon) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Julian Washburn has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding four times in 23 games this season.
- Julian Washburn has six straight double-digit point games.
- Cedrick Lang set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.