On Wednesday, Feb. 13, Coastal Carolina took on Presbyterian and got a road victory against the Blue Hose 60-53 in conference action. With the win, the Chanticleers stay unbeaten against Presbyterian this season at 2-0. Warren Gillis led the Chanticleers and put up a team-high 14 points and four rebounds. Anthony Raffa scored 13 points and added two rebounds. Khalid Mutakabbir recorded a double-double for the Blue Hose on a game-high 16 points and 10 rebounds. Coastal Carolina (12-11, 7-5 Big South) hosts Gardner-Webb (15-11, 7-5 Big South) on Saturday, Feb. 16.
Coastal Carolina Game Notes
- Coastal Carolina started 12-11 during the 2007, 2006, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- Coastal Carolina has won every game this season (5-0) when its three-point percentage has been 44.4 percent or better.
- The Chanticleers have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 45 or more rebounds.
- CCAR has won every game this season (8-0) when opponents record 53 or fewer total points.
- CCAR has won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) after holding an opponent to under 38.8 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Coastal Carolina has won 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Kierre Greenwood plays 34 minutes or more.
- CCAR set a season low for steals (three).
- The Chanticleers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Warren Gillis and Anthony Raffa) accounted for 45.0 percent of the points.
- Badou Diagne has led the team in rebounding in three out of 23 games this season.
- Anthony Raffa has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Badou Diagne recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
Presbyterian Game Notes
- Khalid Mutakabbir accounted for 30.1 percent of the team's points.
- Khalid Mutakabbir accounted for 37.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Khalid Mutakabbir has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding three times in 26 games this season.
- Khalid Mutakabbir recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Khalid Mutakabbir recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and second of his career.
- Khalid Mutakabbir set career highs with 10 rebounds and nine defensive rebounds.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Ryan McTavish.