|Long Island||J Olasewere 19.0||J Olasewere 8.5||J Brickman 8.4|
|Monmouth||A Nicholas 13.9||E Waite 4.5||J Steele 3.5|
Long Island heads to Multipurpose Activity Center on Thursday to take on Monmouth. It gets started at 7 p.m. EST. The Blackbirds defeated the Hawks 75-65 on Jan. 19 and are 5-2 against them over the past four years.
Monmouth is in 10th place in the NEC and Long Island is in third place.
In an 83-75 win over St. Francis (NY) on Feb. 10, Jamal Olasewere put up 20 points for the Blackbirds. He contributes a team-leading 19 points per game, 8.5 rebounds per game, and 1.6 steals per game. For the Hawks, Jesse Steele put up 28 points and 5 rebounds in the 80-76 win over Fairleigh Dickinson on Feb. 10. He averages 11.6 points per game in addition to a team-best 3.5 assists per game.
Long Island has an advantage in a single key statistical area, scoring, where the Blackbirds have an edge over the Hawks, 76 points per game to 64 points per game.
- Long Island has a potent offense, scoring more points (76.9 per game vs. 64.7 per game) than Monmouth this season.
- Long Island allows fewer rebounds (33.1 allowed per game vs. 39.7 allowed per game) than Monmouth this season.
- Long Island has an average margin of victory of 9 over Monmouth in 29 wins since 1982.
- That must sting. Long Island has blown out Monmouth by 20 points or more on five occasions since 1997.
- Long Island is better under pressure, and has defeated Monmouth in five out of the last eight games decided by five points or fewer.
- Long Island is a better three-point shooting team (37.1 percent vs. 31.5 percent) than Monmouth this season.
- It's only wins and losses, but Long Island has a better overall record than Monmouth this season (13-11 vs. 9-16).
- Jamal Olasewere is ranked 3rd in the NEC in points, 3rd in the NEC in rebounds, and 7th in the NEC in steals.
- Long Island has come back to win after being down at half against Monmouth three times since 2003.
- Julian Boyd is ranked 10th in the NEC in points and 6th in the NEC in blocks.
- Long Island has a better record at home than Monmouth this season (7-2 vs. 4-5).