No. 3 Miami (FL) shot 63.8 percent from the floor and got a win on the road against Florida State 74-68 in conference play on Wednesday, Feb. 13. With the win, the Hurricanes remain undefeated against Florida State this season at 2-0. The Hurricanes got the win with a game-high 22 points and four assists from Shane Larkin. Reggie Johnson also contributed, scoring 14 points and adding eight rebounds. Okaro White finished with a team-high 15 points and seven rebounds for the Seminoles. Miami (FL) (19-3, 11-0 ACC) takes on Clemson (12-11, 4-7 ACC) on Sunday, Feb. 17 on the road.
Miami (FL) Game Notes
- The last time Miami (FL) started the season 20-3 was 2001.
- The win over Florida State extended the Miami (FL) winning streak to 12 games.
- The Hurricanes have won every game this season (9-0) after recording 74 or more total points.
- Miami (FL) has won every game this season (11-0) when its three-point percentage has been 37.5 percent or better.
- Miami (FL) has won 94 percent of the time this season (17-1) when opponents record 24 or fewer field goals made.
- Miami (FL) has won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) after holding an opponent to under 26.7 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Miami (FL) has won 92 percent of the time (12-1) when Durand Scott has 13 points or more, 80 percent of the time (12-3) when Shane Larkin plays 36 minutes or more, and 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Julian Gamble has four field goals made or more.
- The Hurricanes set a season high for field goal percentage (63.8).
- The last time Miami (FL) had a field goal percentage of 63.8 percent or higher was Dec 03, 2005 against Birmingham Southern.
- The top two scorers (Shane Larkin and Reggie Johnson) accounted for 48.6 percent of the points.
- Reggie Johnson accounted for 36.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Shane Larkin has led the team in scoring in seven out of 23 games this season.
- Reggie Johnson has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Shane Larkin's career.
- Shane Larkin has five straight double-digit point games.
- Shane Larkin had a career high with nine field goals made.
- Durand Scott has four straight double-digit point games.
- Reggie Johnson had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Kenny Kadji.
Florida State Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Okaro White and Michael Snaer) accounted for 42.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Okaro White has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 12 times in 24 games this season.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Okaro White.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Kiel Turpin.