(6-19, 1-12 away)
Georgia State 61
(13-14, 9-6 home)
Venue: GSU Sports Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 13, 2013
||S Mejia 18
||S Mejia 10
||S Mejia 2
||M Atkins 13
||M Atkins 9
||D White 3
Georgia State held Hofstra to only 29.3 percent from the floor and waxed the Pride 61-43 in conference action on Wednesday, Feb. 13. The Panthers tie the season series against Hofstra at 1-1 with the win. The Panthers got the win with a team-high 13 points and nine rebounds from Manny Atkins. James Vincent had 11 points and added four rebounds. Stevie Mejia recorded a double-double for the Pride with a game-high 18 points and 10 rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, Feb. 16 when Georgia State (13-14, 8-6 CAA) goes to George Mason (14-10, 7-5 CAA).
Georgia State Game Notes
- Georgia State started 13-14 during the 2004 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- GSU beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Panthers have beaten the spread.
- GSU has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record four or fewer three-pointers.
- GSU has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 22.2 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Georgia State has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Rashaad Richardson has three steals or more.
- The Panthers set a season high for steals (14).
- The Panthers have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past seven games.
- Georgia State has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--GSU has a 5.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Manny Atkins accounted for 34.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Manny Atkins has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 12 times in 27 games this season.
- Devonta White has 22 straight double-digit point games.
- Manny Atkins has seven straight double-digit point games.
- James Vincent had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Hofstra Game Notes
- Stevie Mejia accounted for 41.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Stevie Mejia and Stephen Nwaukoni) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Stevie Mejia has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding three times in 25 games this season.
- Stevie Mejia recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Stevie Mejia has four straight double-digit point games.
- Stevie Mejia recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Stevie Mejia set career highs with four three-pointers, 10 rebounds, and nine defensive rebounds.