Central Michigan 63
(9-15, 6-5 home)
Venue: McGuirk Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 13, 2013
||W Offutt 17
||W Offutt 8
||T Wilkins 5
||K Randall 28
||J Simons 11
||C Fowler 7
Ohio won big against Central Michigan 82-63 in MAC action on a night when they scored 30 points from behind the arc. Ohio enjoyed a small 35-31 lead at halftime, but turned it on in the second half to blow Central Michigan out. The Bobcats got the win with a team-high 17 points and eight rebounds from Walter Offutt. Ricardo Johnson also had a solid outing, scoring 11 points and adding three rebounds. Kyle Randall picked up his fifth straight game with 20 points or more for the Chippewas, scoring a game-high 28 points in 37 minutes. For the Chippewas, Kyle Randall finished with a game-high 28 points and three rebounds. Next up for Ohio (18-6, 9-1 MAC) is Kent State (14-10, 5-5 MAC) on Saturday, Feb. 16 at home.
Ohio Game Notes
- The win over Central Michigan extended the Ohio winning streak to three games.
- Ohio beat the spread by nine points. That makes the 10th time this season the Bobcats have beaten the spread.
- The Bobcats have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 82 or more total points.
- Ohio has won every game this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.7 percent or better.
- Ohio has won 93 percent of the time this season (13-1) when opponents record 63 or fewer total points.
- Ohio has won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) after holding an opponent to under 40.0 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Ohio has won 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Reggie Keely has 14 points or more and 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Walter Offutt has five field goals made or more.
- The Bobcats have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- Ohio has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past five games.
- Walter Offutt has led the team in scoring seven times and in rebounding 5 times in 24 games this season.
- Walter Offutt has three straight double-digit point games.
- Walter Offutt had a career high with eight defensive rebounds.
Central Michigan Game Notes
- This loss extended the Chippewas losing streak to seven games.
- John Simons recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with nine.
- Kyle Randall tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 18.
- Kyle Randall accounted for 44.4 percent of the team's points.
- John Simons accounted for 32.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Kyle Randall has led the team in scoring 19 times in 24 games this season.
- John Simons has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Kyle Randall's career.
- Kyle Randall has five straight 20+ point games.
- John Simons recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
|D||D. Richardson Jr.||16||4||0||0||1||0||4|