Charleston Southern 65
(13-9, 5-6 away)
(11-13, 9-4 home)
Venue: Winthrop Coliseum
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 13, 2013
||S Nimley 24
||S Nimley 10
||S Nimley 3
||A Smith 20
||J Jerome 10
||A Smith 3
On Wednesday, Feb. 13, Charleston Southern took a home loss to Winthrop 70-65 in conference play. The Buccaneers tie the season series against Winthrop at 1-1 with the loss. The Buccaneers got a double-double out of Saah Nimley with a game-high 24 points and 10 rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). Arlon Harper got 14 points and added six rebounds. For the Eagles, Andre Smith finished with a team-high 20 points and three rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, Feb. 16 when Charleston Southern (13-9, 8-3 Big South) goes to North Carolina-Asheville (15-11, 9-3 Big South).
Charleston Southern Game Notes
- The last time CSU started the season 13-9 was 1996.
- The Buccaneers have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Charleston Southern is 18-26 in close games.
- Charleston Southern has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after recording 65 or fewer total points.
- The Buccaneers have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 32.3 percent or worse.
- The Buccaneers set a season high for steals (14).
- The last time CSU recorded at least 14 steals was Feb 23, 2012 against Virginia Military Institute.
- CSU set season lows for three-pointers (three) and three-point percentage (11.1).
- Charleston Southern has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past five games.
- Saah Nimley accounted for 36.9 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Saah Nimley and Arlon Harper) accounted for 45.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Saah Nimley has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 8 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Saah Nimley's career.
- Saah Nimley recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and sixth of his career.
- Arlon Harper has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Arlon Harper.
- Mathiang Muo has six straight double-digit point games.
Winthrop Game Notes
- The Eagles won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Winthrop is 27-35 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Andre Smith and Joab Jerome) accounted for 44.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Joab Jerome and Gideon Gamble) accounted for 47.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Andre Smith has led the team in scoring four times in 24 games this season.
- Joab Jerome has led the team in rebounding five times in 24 games this season.
- Joab Jerome recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Joab Jerome recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Joab Jerome set a career high with 10 rebounds.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Andre Smith's career.
- Andre Smith set a career high with four three-pointers.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Gideon Gamble.
- Gideon Gamble set a career high with nine defensive rebounds.