CS Fullerton 65
(12-12, 6-7 away)
Long Beach State 85
(15-9, 9-2 home)
Venue: The Walter Pyramid
11:00PM ET / 8:00PM PT, February 13, 2013
|Long Beach State
||S Yeager 18
||J Brandon 10
||D Seeley 6
|Long Beach State
||J Ennis 26
||J Ennis 15
||K King 6
Long Beach State easily defeated Cal State Fullerton 85-65 in conference play on Wednesday, Feb. 13. With a record of 2-0, the 49ers remain undefeated against Cal State Fullerton this season. James Ennis got a game-high 26 points and 15 rebounds for the 49ers, earning a double-double. Tony Freeland got a double-double as well with 13 points and 12 rebounds. Kwame Vaughn got 18 points and six rebounds for the Titans. Next up for Long Beach State (15-9, 11-2 Big West) is UC Riverside (5-19, 2-10 Big West) on Saturday, Feb. 16 on their home court.
Long Beach State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:36 left to go.
- LBSU beat the spread by 14 points. That makes the 9th time this season the 49ers have beaten the spread.
- This was the second blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, LBSU has been on the winning end of 17 blowout games.
- Long Beach State has won every game this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.5 percent or better.
- The 49ers have won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) after recording 15 or more assists.
- LBSU has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.3 percent field goal percentage.
- LBSU has won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) when opponents record 24 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Long Beach State has won 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Tony Freeland has 13 points or more, 71 percent of the time (10-4) when James Ennis plays 33 minutes or more, and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Keala King has four field goals made or more.
- The 49ers set a season high for field goals made (35).
- The last time LBSU recorded at least 35 field goals made was Feb 11, 2012 against UC Davis.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--LBSU has a 6.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- James Ennis recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- James Ennis accounted for 30.5 percent of the team's points.
- James Ennis accounted for 30.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- James Ennis has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 11 times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of James Ennis's career.
- James Ennis has 24 straight double-digit point games.
- James Ennis recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and sixth of his career.
- James Ennis had career highs with 10 field goals made, 15 rebounds, and 10 defensive rebounds.
- Tony Freeland recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tony Freeland recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Tony Freeland had career highs with 12 rebounds and six offensive rebounds.
Cal State Fullerton Game Notes
- This was the second blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, CSUF has been on the losing end of 12 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Sammy Yeager and Kwame Vaughn) accounted for 55.3 percent of the points.
- Jared Brandon accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Sammy Yeager has led the team in scoring seven times in 24 games this season.
- Sammy Yeager has four straight double-digit point games.
- Jared Brandon recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kwame Vaughn has six straight double-digit point games.
- D.J. Seeley has seven straight double-digit point games.