On Wednesday, Feb. 13, No. 24 Colorado State took on San Diego State and beat the Aztecs 66-60 in MWC action. The Rams tie the season series against San Diego State at 1-1 with the win. Greg Smith was exceptional for the Rams and put up 15 points and seven rebounds. Pierce Hornung also had a great outing, scoring 12 points and adding eight rebounds. Chase Tapley got a game-high 16 points and three rebounds for the Aztecs. Colorado State (20-4, 7-2 MWC) takes on Air Force (13-8, 5-4 MWC) on Saturday, Feb. 16 on the road.
Colorado State Game Notes
- The win over San Diego State extended the Colorado State winning streak to five games.
- CSU beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Rams have beaten the spread.
- Colorado State has won every game this season (7-0) when its three-point percentage has been 42.9 percent or better.
- The Rams have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 16 or more assists.
- Colorado State has won 93 percent of the time this season (13-1) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- CSU has won every game this season (9-0) when opponents record eight or fewer free throws made.
- This season Colorado State has won 90 percent of the time (9-1) when Dorian Green has 16 points or more, 80 percent of the time (12-3) when Wes Eikmeier plays 31 minutes or more, and 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Greg Smith has six field goals made or more.
- The Rams have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 24 games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--CSU has a 18.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Dorian Green and Greg Smith) accounted for 46.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Colton Iverson and Pierce Hornung) accounted for 44.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Dorian Green has led the team in scoring in eight out of 24 games this season.
- Colton Iverson has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 24 games this season.
- Dorian Green has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Colton Iverson recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
San Diego State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Chase Tapley and Xavier Thames) accounted for 46.6 percent of the points.
- Chase Tapley has led the team in scoring seven times in 24 games this season.
- Jamaal Franklin has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 24 games this season.