(13-11, 3-6 away)
South Florida 66
(10-14, 8-7 home)
Venue: Sun Dome
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 13, 2013
||K Batts 24
||L Henton 8
||V Council 8
||V Rudd 26
||V Rudd 12
||A Collins 10
Providence squared off with South Florida on Wednesday, Feb. 13 and won on the road versus the Bulls 76-66 in conference play. It looked like this one could get ugly, with South Florida up 36-25 at the half, but Providence was able to make a comeback and secure the win in the second half. Kadeem Batts played well for the Friars and put up a team-high 24 points and six rebounds. LaDontae Henton had 19 points and added eight rebounds. Victor Rudd registered a double-double for the Bulls on a game-high 26 points and 12 rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Friars. Providence (13-11, 5-7 Big East) hosts 21st-ranked Notre Dame (20-5, 8-4 Big East) on Saturday, Feb. 16.
Providence Game Notes
- Providence started 13-11 during the 2011, 2007, 2002, and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over South Florida extended the Providence winning streak to three games.
- PC beat the spread by 10.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Friars have beaten the spread.
- The Friars have won every game this season (7-0) after recording five or more blocks.
- PC has won 78 percent of the time this season (7-2) when opponents record two or fewer blocks.
- This season Providence has won 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Kadeem Batts has 24 points or more, 83 percent of the time (5-1) when LaDontae Henton has seven field goals made or more, and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Bryce Cotton has six assists or more.
- PC set a season low for turnovers (six).
- This is the second win of the season where the Friars came back after being down at halftime.
- Kadeem Batts accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (LaDontae Henton and Kadeem Batts) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Kadeem Batts has led the team in scoring in seven out of 24 games this season.
- LaDontae Henton has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 24 games this season.
- Bryce Cotton has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Kadeem Batts's career.
South Florida Game Notes
- This loss extended the Bulls losing streak to seven games.
- Victor Rudd accounted for 39.3 percent of the team's points.
- Victor Rudd accounted for 35.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Victor Rudd has led the team in scoring seven times and in rebounding nine times in 24 games this season.
- This game was the eighth double-digit assist game of Anthony Collins's career.
- Anthony Collins recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and fourth of his career.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Victor Rudd's career.
- Victor Rudd recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and seventh of his career.
- Victor Rudd set a career high with five offensive rebounds.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Kore White.
- Kore White set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.