No. 19 New Mexico won on the road versus Fresno State 54-48 in conference action on Wednesday, Feb. 13. New Mexico trailed 31-20 at the half, but came back in the second half and pulled out the win. The Lobos stay unbeaten against Fresno State this season at 2-0. Alex Kirk led the Lobos and put up 10 points and nine rebounds. Kendall Williams had a game-high 13 points and added five assists. Kevin Foster registered a double-double for the Bulldogs on 10 points and 10 rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, Feb. 16 when New Mexico (21-4, 8-2 MWC) hosts Boise State (16-7, 4-5 MWC).
New Mexico Game Notes
- New Mexico started 21-4 during the 2011 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- The Lobos have won every game this season (4-0) after recording seven or more blocks.
- Lobos has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 18 or fewer field goals made.
- This season New Mexico has won 89 percent of the time (16-2) when Alex Kirk has 10 points or more, 81 percent of the time (13-3) when Kendall Williams plays 35 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (12-0) when Tony Snell has four field goals made or more.
- New Mexico has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Lobos came back after being down at halftime.
- Alex Kirk recorded a team season high in blocks with six.
- The top two scorers (Kendall Williams and Alex Kirk) accounted for 42.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Cameron Bairstow and Alex Kirk) accounted for 48.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Kendall Williams has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 25 games this season.
- Cameron Bairstow has led the team in rebounding in five out of 25 games this season.
- Alex Kirk has three straight double-digit point games.
- Alex Kirk had a career high with six blocks.
- Cameron Bairstow recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
Fresno State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Kevin Olekaibe and Kevin Foster) accounted for 43.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kevin Foster and Tyler Johnson) accounted for 47.2 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (16) than the starters (15).
- The bench recorded more points (26) than the starters (22).
- Kevin Olekaibe has led the team in scoring three times in 23 games this season.
- Kevin Foster has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 23 games this season.
- Kevin Foster recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kevin Foster recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and fifth of his career.