West Virginia 60
(12-12, 4-9 away)
(16-8, 11-4 home)
Venue: Ferrell Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 13, 2013
||E Harris 19
||D Rutledge 6
||J Staten 7
||R Gathers 22
||R Gathers 9
||P Jackson 9
West Virginia was destroyed by Baylor 80-60 in conference play on an evening when they had 18 turnovers. Baylor enjoyed a small 31-27 lead at halftime, but turned it on in the second half to blow West Virginia out. The game got away from West Virginia in the second half after they trailed by just four points heading into the locker room. Eron Harris put up a team-high 19 points on 66.7 percent shooting in 28 minutes in the loss. Juwan Staten had five points and added seven assists. For the Bears, Rico Gathers finished with a season-high 22 points and nine rebounds. West Virginia (12-12, 5-6 Big 12) takes on Texas Tech (9-13, 2-9 Big 12) on Saturday, Feb. 16 on their home court.
West Virginia Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:30 left to go.
- West Virginia has lost 78 percent of the time this season (2-7) after recording 60 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 80 or more total points this season, West Virginia has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.9 percent or better this season, West Virginia has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 17 or more free throws made this season, West Virginia has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- Eron Harris accounted for 31.6 percent of the team's points.
- Eron Harris has led the team in scoring in six out of 24 games this season.
- Dominique Rutledge has led the team in rebounding in four out of 24 games this season.
- Eron Harris has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Gary Browne.
Baylor Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Rico Gathers and Brady Heslip) accounted for 52.5 percent of the points.
- Rico Gathers accounted for 39.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Rico Gathers has led the team in rebounding six times in 24 games this season.
- Pierre Jackson has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Brady Heslip's career.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Rico Gathers's career.