Oregon State 67
(13-12, 2-5 away)
Washington State 66
(11-14, 10-6 home)
Venue: Beasley Coliseum
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, February 13, 2013
||R Nelson 17
||E Moreland 14
||A Starks 4
||D Lacy 27
||D Shelton 6
||B Leavitt 5
Washington State suffered a heartbreaking loss against Oregon State 67-66 in conference play on Wednesday, Feb. 13. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. DaVonte Lacy played well for the Cougars and got a career-high 27 points, sinking 7 of 9 from three-point range. Brock Motum scored 16 points and added four rebounds. Eric Moreland registered a double-double for the Beavers on 11 points and 14 rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, Feb. 16 when Washington State (11-13, 2-10 Pac 12) welcomes 23rd-ranked Oregon (19-5, 8-3 Pac 12).
Washington State Game Notes
- Washington State started 11-14 during the 2005, 2004, 2000, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The Cougars have been unlucky seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Washington State is 25-33 in close games.
- Washington State has lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after recording eight or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.3 percent or better this season, Washington State has lost 82 percent of the time (2-9).
- The Cougars set a season high for three-pointers (14).
- The last time WSU recorded at least 14 three-pointers was Nov 21, 2008 against Sacramento State.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--WSU has a 6.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- DaVonte Lacy recorded a team season high in three-pointers with seven.
- DaVonte Lacy accounted for 40.9 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (D.J. Shelton and Brock Motum) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- DaVonte Lacy has led the team in scoring in four out of 25 games this season.
- D.J. Shelton has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 25 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of DaVonte Lacy's career.
- DaVonte Lacy has four straight double-digit point games.
- DaVonte Lacy had career highs with 27 points, eight field goals made, and seven three-pointers.
- Royce Woolridge has five straight double-digit point games.
- Brock Motum has 25 straight double-digit point games.
Oregon State Game Notes
- The Beavers won this one, but have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Oregon State is 23-31 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Roberto Nelson and Challe Barton) accounted for 41.7 percent of the points.
- Eric Moreland accounted for 41.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Roberto Nelson has led the team in scoring 12 times in 25 games this season.
- Eric Moreland has led the team in rebounding 20 times in 25 games this season.
- Eric Moreland recorded the 24th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Eric Moreland recorded a double-double. It was his ninth this season and 12th of his career.
- Roberto Nelson has 10 straight double-digit point games.