Oregon State 67
(13-12, 2-5 away)
Washington State 66
(11-14, 10-6 home)
Venue: Beasley Coliseum
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, February 13, 2013
||R Nelson 17
||E Moreland 14
||A Starks 4
||D Lacy 27
||D Shelton 6
||B Leavitt 5
Oregon State just barely beat Washington State 67-66 in conference action on Wednesday, Feb. 13. The Beavers tie the season series against Washington State at 1-1 with the win. Eric Moreland secured a double-double in the win with 11 points and 14 rebounds. Roberto Nelson had a team-high 17 points and added four rebounds. DaVonte Lacy got a career-high 27 points for the Cougars, making 7 of 9 from three-point range. Next up for Oregon State (13-12, 3-9 Pac 12) is Washington (13-11, 5-6 Pac 12) on Saturday, Feb. 16 on the road.
Oregon State Game Notes
- The last time OSU started the season 13-12 was 2002.
- OSU beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Beavers have beaten the spread.
- The Beavers have won two close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Oregon State is 23-31 in close games.
- OSU has won every game this season (8-0) when opponents record 22 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Oregon State has won 90 percent of the time (9-1) when Eric Moreland has 11 points or more.
- The Beavers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Roberto Nelson and Challe Barton) accounted for 41.7 percent of the points.
- Eric Moreland accounted for 41.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Roberto Nelson has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 25 games this season.
- Eric Moreland has led the team in rebounding in 20 out of 25 games this season.
- Eric Moreland recorded the 24th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Eric Moreland recorded a double-double. It was his ninth this season and 12th of his career.
- Roberto Nelson has 10 straight double-digit point games.
Washington State Game Notes
- The Cougars have lost seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Washington State is 25-33 in close games.
- This loss extended the Cougars losing streak to five games.
- DaVonte Lacy recorded a team season high in three-pointers with seven.
- DaVonte Lacy accounted for 40.9 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (D.J. Shelton and Brock Motum) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- DaVonte Lacy has led the team in scoring four times in 25 games this season.
- D.J. Shelton has led the team in rebounding eight times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of DaVonte Lacy's career.
- DaVonte Lacy has four straight double-digit point games.
- DaVonte Lacy set career highs with 27 points, eight field goals made, and seven three-pointers.
- Royce Woolridge has five straight double-digit point games.
- Brock Motum has 25 straight double-digit point games.