UC Riverside 48
(5-19, 1-12 away)
UC Irvine 52
(13-13, 10-1 home)
Venue: Bren Events Center
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, February 13, 2013
||C Harriel 11
||C Harriel 10
||R Smith 3
||M Wilder 17
||A Young 8
||A Young 4
UC Irvine squared off with UC Riverside on Wednesday, Feb. 13 and came out on top against the Highlanders 52-48 in Big West action. The Anteaters even the season series against UC Riverside at 1-1 with the win. Michael Wilder guided the Anteaters and got a game-high 17 points and five rebounds. Alex Young had 10 points and added eight rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). Chris Harriel registered a double-double for the Highlanders on a team-high 11 points and 10 rebounds. UC Irvine (13-13, 7-6 Big West) gets Cal State Fullerton (12-11, 5-6 Big West) at home on Saturday, Feb. 16.
UC Irvine Game Notes
- The last time UCI started the season 13-13 was 1999.
- The Anteaters have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, UC Irvine is 28-29 in close games.
- The Anteaters have won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after recording five or more blocks.
- UCI has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 48 or fewer total points.
- UCI set season lows for field goals made (17) and field goal percentage (30.9).
- This is the 10th game at home this season--UCI has a 15.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Michael Wilder accounted for 32.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Alex Young and Will Davis II) accounted for 40.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Michael Wilder has led the team in scoring in three out of 26 games this season.
- Alex Young has led the team in rebounding in four out of 26 games this season.
- Alex Young has four straight double-digit point games.
UC Riverside Game Notes
- The Highlanders have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, UC Riverside is 34-23 in close games.
- This loss extended the Highlanders losing streak to six games.
- The top two scorers (Chris Harriel and Chris Patton) accounted for 41.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chris Harriel and Josh Fox) accounted for 40.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Chris Harriel has led the team in scoring six times in 24 games this season.
- Chris Harriel recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Chris Harriel has three straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Harriel recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and third of his career.
|B||Will Davis II||16||4||7||1||0||2||2|