(12-13, 3-6 away)
(18-8, 13-5 home)
Venue: Assembly Hall (IL)
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 13, 2013
||T Johnson 18
||R Johnson 7
||R Johnson 5
||D Richardson 18
||J Bertrand 12
||T Abrams 7
Purdue was blown out by Illinois 79-59 in conference play on Wednesday, Feb. 13. With the loss, the Boilermakers even the season series against Illinois at 1-1. Terone Johnson got a game-high 18 points and four rebounds in the loss. Ronnie Johnson had nine points and added seven rebounds. For the Fighting Illini, Tracy Abrams finished with 13 points and seven assists. This makes three losses in a row for the Boilermakers. Purdue (12-13, 5-7 Big Ten) takes on first-ranked Indiana (21-3, 9-2 Big Ten) on Saturday, Feb. 16 on the road.
Purdue Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:33 left to go.
- The Boilermakers have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 38.2 percent or worse.
- Purdue has lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after recording 59 or fewer total points.
- Purdue has lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after committing 17 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 79 or more total points this season, Purdue has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 29 or more field goals made this season, Purdue has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 44 or more rebounds this season, Purdue has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- The Boilermakers have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past five games.
- Purdue has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 10 games.
- Terone Johnson accounted for 30.5 percent of the team's points.
- Terone Johnson has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 25 games this season.
- Ronnie Johnson has led the team in rebounding in three out of 25 games this season.
- Terone Johnson had a career high with three three-pointers.
- A.J. Hammons has five straight double-digit point games.
Illinois Game Notes
- Joseph Bertrand recorded a team season high in rebounds with 12.
- The top two rebounders (Joseph Bertrand and Tyler Griffey) accounted for 40.9 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (23) than the starters (17).
- D.J. Richardson has led the team in scoring five times in 26 games this season.
- Joseph Bertrand has led the team in rebounding four times in 26 games this season.
- D.J. Richardson has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Joseph Bertrand recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Joseph Bertrand set career highs with 12 rebounds and six offensive rebounds.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Brandon Paul.
- Tyler Griffey has three straight double-digit point games.