On Wednesday, Feb. 13, Creighton forced only eight turnovers and lost on their home court to Northern Iowa 61-54 in conference play. With the loss, the Bluejays tie the season series against Northern Iowa at 1-1. Doug McDermott secured a double-double for the Bluejays including a game-high 15 points and 12 rebounds. Grant Gibbs had 14 points and added five assists. Jake Koch got a double-double for the Panthers with a team-high 14 points and 10 rebounds. Creighton (20-6, 9-5 The Valley) travels to Evansville (14-11, 7-6 The Valley) on Saturday, Feb. 16.
Creighton Game Notes
- Creighton started 20-6 during the 2008 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- The Bluejays have lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after having a field goal percentage of 43.8 percent or worse.
- The Bluejays set a season high for turnovers (18).
- The last time Creighton recorded at least 18 turnovers was Jan 28, 2012 against Bradley.
- Creighton set season lows for assists (10), free throws made (five), steals (two), and total points (54).
- The Bluejays have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past six games.
- The top two scorers (Doug McDermott and Grant Gibbs) accounted for 53.7 percent of the points.
- Doug McDermott accounted for 32.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Doug McDermott has led the team in scoring 21 times and in rebounding 13 times in 26 games this season.
- Doug McDermott recorded the 28th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Doug McDermott recorded a double-double. It was his seventh this season and 27th of his career.
Northern Iowa Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jake Koch and Seth Tuttle) accounted for 42.6 percent of the points.
- Jake Koch accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jake Koch has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding 10 times in 26 games this season.
- Jake Koch recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jake Koch has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jake Koch recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and third of his career.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Chip Rank.